Irvin Sharp in Sens' 2-1 Loss to Akron
The Akron RubberDucks rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to beat the Harrisburg Senators 2-1 Saturday night at FNB Field. Harrisburg scored their lone run in the third inning and through eight innings made the run stand up. Akron scored their runs on a home run and an infield hit coupled with an error. The Senators play their final home game of the 2022 season Sunday afternoon.
Jake Irvin had his best start with the Senators going 5.2 scoreless innings allowing just a single hit. He struck out eight and walked three. Steven Fuentes was sharp, following Irvin he went 1.1 innings and allowed just a hit. Andrew Lee struck out the side in the eighth inning turning the game over to Zach Brzykcy. Brzykcy had been a perfect 9-for-9 in save tries with the Senators but Micah Pries hit the first pitch of the top of the ninth inning out of the ballpark to tie the game. Akron scored a second run, the game winning run, on an error making Brzykcy the losing pitcher.
Wilson Garcia had two hits. With no outs in the third, he reached on an infield single and on the play, Darren Baker scored the lone Sens run when an error was committed. Baker doubled leading off the third. Robert Hassell III had a double in the game, coming with one out in the first inning. Harrisburg went 1-10 with runners in scoring position.
Akron stays within three runs of Bowie with seven games remaining. Akron hosts Bowie at Canal Park in the final six games of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 10, 2022
- De la Cruz, Sullivan Electric in Walk-Off Victory - Reading Fightin Phils
- Pitching and Pries Homer Lift RubberDucks to 2-1 Win in Harrisburg - Akron RubberDucks
- Lockridge and Chaparro's Two-Homer Games Power Patriots' Fifth Straight Win - Somerset Patriots
- Irvin Sharp in Sens' 2-1 Loss to Akron - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Bounce Back to First with Walk-Off Win - Bowie Baysox
- Squirrels Battle But Fall in 2-1 Walk-Off Victory for Baysox - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Schunk Hits 13th Homer in Loss - Hartford Yard Goats
- Shackelford Climbs Curve Home Run List in Saturday Thrashing of Erie - Altoona Curve
- Yankees Scheduling Chapman, Britton, Bader and Castro for MLB Rehabs with Somerset Patriots - Somerset Patriots
- SeaWolves Dropped by Curve on Saturday - Erie SeaWolves
- Ponies Come up Short against Sea Dogs Saturday Afternoon - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- History at Hadlock; Hamilton Sets New Franchise Record in 4-3 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- John Aiello Promoted to Triple-A Buffalo - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- September 10, 2022 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.