Iowa Energy Fall to Delaware
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy (18-22) fell 109-104 to the Delaware 87ers (18-22) Sunday afternoon at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Energy were led by James Ennis with 30 points and seven rebounds. Andrew Harrison added 28 points and four rebounds. The 87ers were led by Russ Smith with 50 points, six rebounds and four assists.
Delaware got off to a hot start, quickly opening up a big lead over the Energy. Mid-way through the quarter, the 87ers extended their lead to 21 points. Smith carried the load with 21 first quarter points for Delaware. The Energy trailed 36-16 heading into the second quarter. The Energy were able to close the gap down to 12 points early in the second. Delaware responded with a couple of quick baskets from Smith to increase the lead to 22 points. Harrison led the Energy with 14 points in the first half as Iowa trailed 62-40 at halftime.
The Energy started the second half strong behind 16 points from James Ennis to cut into the 22-point halftime deficit. The Energy outscored the 87ers 34-21 in the third to trail by just nine points heading into the fourth. Smith added 12 points for Delaware to bring his total to 45 points. Iowa was able to keep the deficit around seven points for most of the fourth. With a minute left to play, the Energy were down just three points. Iowa was unable to get a Delaware stop to have a chance to tie the game. The Energy kept fighting in the closing seconds, but were unable to complete the comeback and fell 109-104.
The Energy head out on the road for four games and return home Monday, March 21 at 7pm.
2015-2016 single game tickets on sale now. Group tickets, flex packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2016
- L.A. Clippers Assign C.J. Wilcox to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Edy Tavares to NBA Development League - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Clamp Westchester Knicks' Skid - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Demolish Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Tops Idaho Stampede 103-89 - Austin Spurs
- Austin Tops Idaho Stampede 103-89 - Idaho Stampede
- Iowa Energy Fall to Delaware - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Waive John Lucas III - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jimmer Fredette Returns to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island