Atlanta Hawks Assign Edy Tavares to NBA Development League
ATLANTA, GA - The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has assigned center Edy Tavares to the Austin Spurs of the NBA Development League, pursuant to the flexible assignment rule, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer.
Tavares has seen action in 16 D-League games (12 with Austin, two with Canton and two with Bakersfield) this season, averaging 9.6 points, 9.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in 21.1 minutes (.667 FG%, .737 FT%).
The Atlanta Hawks today re-assigned Walter "Edy" Tavares to the Austin Spurs pursuant to the flexible assignment rule.
The assignment is the 278th of the 2015-16 campaign and Tavares is one of 62 NBA players to have been assigned to the NBA D-League this season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2016
- L.A. Clippers Assign C.J. Wilcox to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Edy Tavares to NBA Development League - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Clamp Westchester Knicks' Skid - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Demolish Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Tops Idaho Stampede 103-89 - Austin Spurs
- Austin Tops Idaho Stampede 103-89 - Idaho Stampede
- Iowa Energy Fall to Delaware - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Waive John Lucas III - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jimmer Fredette Returns to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.