Inter Miami to Host Art Battle Contest Presented by Heineken
Inter Miami CF is excited to host the first-ever Art Battle Contest presented by Heineken during this year's Art Basel in Miami on Saturday, Dec. 4.
Six local artists will compete at TheArsenale in the Miami Design District in an hour-long contest to create their best Inter Miami CF inspired art piece. The winner will earn an exclusive VIP experience for the 2022 season and their artwork to be displayed at the Inter Miami CF Training Center.
Fans will be able to attend this unique event at TheArsenale (69 NE 41st St, Miami, FL 33137) from 5-8 p.m. ET for FREE by RSVPing at https://intermiamicf.co/ArtBattle.
Limited tickets are available based on location capacity. Fans that show their RSVP onsite will receive free Heineken (limit three per RSVP. Over 21+).
The event will also include an onsite DJ, Inter Miami giveaways, Heineken activations and a special appearance from Inter Miami broadcaster Fernando Fiore.
Meet the Artists:
Bio: Born in 1995 in Cali, Colombia, Mayra Mateus, known professionally as Mateus Art, is an emerging pop artist superstar with a powerful message. When she was 16, after a difficult transition Mayra and her mother moved from Colombia to Miami to live in a one-bedroom apartment. For economic reasons, Mayra became what she calls a ''professional cashier'' as she held down three jobs, at a pizzeria, a department store and a bakery. It was at the pizzeria where she discovered her passion for art when she offered to design the restaurant's menu on a wall for the first time. Inspired in 2018, she created a brand that she trademarked around a piggy bank character and has created a portfolio of various mediums and pieces incorporating this symbol. The message she portrays with piggy banks is ''saving' dreams'' to remind people that pursuing your dreams is more important than focusing on money. Like many young artists, Mayra launched her brand on Instagram where she very quickly gained devoted followers who loved her pop art piggy banks and piggy artworks, and was noticed by top brand names who have since commissioned her for original artwork. As she grew in her art and self-confidence, Mayra discovered the street and spray-paint style of vibrant Wynwood village in Miami. Always following her philosophy, art with a purpose.
Name: Cesar Suarez
Bio: Cesar Suarez, also known as "Ka$per" or "Kasper Miami," from an early age of just five years old (now 25), demonstrated an innate artistic talent and continued to bring his creative passion to fruition, inheriting his talent from his mother. In the short time he has been painting professionally, he has worked with top celebrities such as Maluma, Nengo Flow, Sech, Bad Bunny, Nicky Jam, Marc Anthony, Floyd Mayweather, Fuego, Arcangel, Loco Dice and more. Well known in the Latin music industry world after his four years of working in the nightlife hospitality industry and within the music industry, he was able to use his network to propel himself into the limelight of the art and music world. From humble beginnings, Cesar's talent was birthed and is now a very well-known and respected artist in Miami, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Panama, New York, New Jersey and other parts of the world. He's represented by Marcel Katz also known as "The Art Plug".
Name: Max Guevara
Bio: Max Guevara is a Miami-based artist originally from Caracas, Venezuela where, in 2010, he finished his studies in visual communications. Those studies allowed Max to develop the skills that later on defined the course of his form of expression. One of the key elements that better describes Guevara's work is the technique applied in all his pieces described by him as "Organic Native." During his career, he has intervened in many different objects as well as spaces, in which cases he has applied emerging techniques based on aboriginal art in combination with different forms of marine and fossil organic figures.
Name: Victor Gosa
Bio: A Miami native with Spanish and Cuban roots, GOSA expresses his thoughts and emotions through his ever-evolving art. While he adopted art at an early age, it wasn't until a dark, candlelit night during Hurricane Irma in 2017 that he fell back in love with it. It was during that moment that he decided to mark the days he had been alive on his art. Pulling inspiration from music and pop culture, GOSA's vivid art ranges from edgy to whimsical, often juxtaposing cultural icons such as Darth Vader, Mike Tyson and the Rolling Stones with vibrant hues and text that serve as a colorful expression of the artist's mood on a particular day. GOSA also works with several mediums, including canvas and sculpture. GOSA's work has been featured during Art Basel at the Wynwood Life GOSA Gallery Pop Up, Ampersand Studio Miami, HIVE, Basel House and Pop-Up Gallery at the PUMA x YOU. Past live shows include Wynwood Life, Art Walk showcase, Art Walk GOSA Returns, Art Walk EFFEN Vodka, The Wynwood Marketplace and Hyde Beach at SLS South Beach.
Name: Renzo Picasso
Bio: Renzo, the son of the Venezuelan journalists Sergio Novelli and Patricia Zerpa, is a graduate illustrator from the "Instituto de Diseño de Caracas" whose goal is to become a Fine Artist. His paintings let him translate his feelings into a visual medium. His work gained recognition during tough times in his home country Venezuela, where he would protest in the streets and through his art. This made his works go viral on social media, making some of his works representations of the situation during that period. His most important goal is to be able to help back the people in his country.
Name: Ivan Roque
Bio: Born in December 1991, Ivan J. Roque is a Cuban-American artist from Miami, Florida. He was raised in Carol City with a passion for the concepts of birth, death, time, renewal and social dynamics. His influences range from the old masters to the new such as Caravaggio, Marc Rothko, Alexander McQueen, Gianni Versace and Nychos. Roque has been able to accomplish many achievements despite his young age, such as working with rapper DENZEL CURRY, and collaborating with major brands such as the Miami Dolphins. He has traveled quite extensively for various exhibitions and murals including shows in New York City, Dubai, Seoul and mural festivals such as the Sprayseemo Mural Festival and Pow Wow Worcester. He has also been frequently commissioned by various cities across the United States with most recently being the City of Hattiesburg, Mississippi and the City of Janesville, Wisconsin. Roque also has had three gallery solo shows and one museum solo show at the Coral Springs Museum of Art. He has a Bachelor's of Art in Visual Arts from the Florida International University.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2021
- MLS to Crown Eastern and Western Conference Champions this Weekend - MLS
- NYCFC Wins 5-4 on PKs - New York City FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Exercise 2022 Contract Options on Seven Players - Houston Dynamo FC
- Eric Krakauer on Becoming the Voice of Charlotte FC - Charlotte FC
- FC Dallas Announces Roster Decisions for 2022 Season - FC Dallas
- Inter Miami to Host Art Battle Contest Presented by Heineken - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Exercises Options for 12 Players - Club de Foot Montreal
- Rapids' Semifinal Match with Portland Breaks FOX Viewership Record - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC Announces Roster Moves for 2022 Season - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Hosts Second Edition of the Copa de la Familia Presented by Wendy's - Inter Miami CF
- Offseason Check-In with Chris Albright - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC Commit to Friendly in the Fraser Valley in the New Year - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Santiago Sosa Undergoes Successful Sports Hernia Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Red Bull Arena Named 2021 Professional Soccer Field of the Year - New York Red Bulls
- Alfredo Morales: We're Not Underdogs - New York City FC
- Academy U-13 and U-14 Teams Win 2021 Copa Rayados International Titles - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville SC Signs Partnership with Transcard, Including Transcard Terrace at Nashville SC Stadium - Nashville SC
- Austin FC Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2022 Season - Austin FC
- Whitecaps FC Name Vanni Sartini First Team Head Coach - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Justin Morrow Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year - MLS
- Justin Morrow Named 2021 MLS Works Humanitarian of the Year - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF Announces Squad Numbers for 2022 Season
- Inter Miami CF to Host Peruvian Side Club Universitario de Deportes in First International Friendly
- Inter Miami CF Transfers Nicolás Figal to Club Atlético Boca Juniors
- Up Next: Two-Fixture Preseason Week
- Inter Miami CF Academy Graduate Noah Allen Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team