Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today the club has signed goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair to a new three-year contract with a one year club option, starting in 2022. St. Clair joins fellow 2019 MLS SuperDraft picks Hassani Dotson and Chase Gasper in signing news deals with Minnesota.
St. Clair joined the Loons as the selection from the first round of the 2019 MLS SuperDraft from the University of Maryland. Last year, St. Clair began the season on loan to San Antonio FC, gaining much needed experience as a second-year professional. He was recalled in September to provide depth to a goalkeeper crew struggling through injuries. St. Clair made his MLS debut and earned his first win and shutout in a 4-0 win over Real Salt Lake. A revelation, he maintained the starting goalkeeper role through the remainder of the season, earning six wins and six shutouts, with 12 goals allowed. St. Clair started all three 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs games for the Loons, maintaining back-to-back clean sheets against Colorado Rapids and Sporting Kansas City.
In 2019, St. Clair featured for the Loons in three international friendlies during 2019, playing against Hertha Berlin, Aston Villa and CF Pachuca. He went on loan to Minnesota's USL affiliate Forward Madison where he made five appearances. In college, St. Clair led the Terrapins to the 2018 NCAA National Championship. He did not allow a goal in the final 500 minutes of the season and at Maryland worked with Coach Sasho Cirovski, who is known for his work with current USMNT goalkeeper Zack Steffen. The native of Pickering, Ontario, was named to the USC Third Team All-North Region.
Internationally, St. Clair was named to the Canadian U23 provisional roster for the 2020 CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship on February 26, 2020. He accepted invites for the Canadian senior national team camp in January and October of 2021 and was on the senior team roster for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Transaction: Minnesota United sign goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair to a three-year contract, plus a one year club option.
Dayne St. Clair
Date of birth: 05.09.1997 (24 years old)
Birthplace: Pickering, Ontario
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2021
- MLS to Crown Eastern and Western Conference Champions this Weekend - MLS
- NYCFC Wins 5-4 on PKs - New York City FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Exercise 2022 Contract Options on Seven Players - Houston Dynamo FC
- Eric Krakauer on Becoming the Voice of Charlotte FC - Charlotte FC
- FC Dallas Announces Roster Decisions for 2022 Season - FC Dallas
- Inter Miami to Host Art Battle Contest Presented by Heineken - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Exercises Options for 12 Players - Club de Foot Montreal
- Rapids' Semifinal Match with Portland Breaks FOX Viewership Record - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC Announces Roster Moves for 2022 Season - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Hosts Second Edition of the Copa de la Familia Presented by Wendy's - Inter Miami CF
- Offseason Check-In with Chris Albright - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC Commit to Friendly in the Fraser Valley in the New Year - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Santiago Sosa Undergoes Successful Sports Hernia Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Red Bull Arena Named 2021 Professional Soccer Field of the Year - New York Red Bulls
- Alfredo Morales: We're Not Underdogs - New York City FC
- Academy U-13 and U-14 Teams Win 2021 Copa Rayados International Titles - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville SC Signs Partnership with Transcard, Including Transcard Terrace at Nashville SC Stadium - Nashville SC
- Austin FC Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2022 Season - Austin FC
- Whitecaps FC Name Vanni Sartini First Team Head Coach - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Justin Morrow Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year - MLS
- Justin Morrow Named 2021 MLS Works Humanitarian of the Year - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.