Inter Miami CF Appoints Xavier Asensi as Chief Business Officer
Inter Miami CF announced today that it has appointed Xavier Asensi as Chief Business Officer.
Asensi, 39, joins Inter Miami after 10 years with FC Barcelona, where he most recently served as Chief Commercial Officer and was a member of the FC Barcelona Executive Board.
Asensi, who is pending receipt of authorization to work in the U.S., will lead Front Office business operations and commercial strategies reporting directly to Managing Owner Jorge Mas.
"Xavi brings a proven record of success at one of the world's greatest clubs," said Inter Miami CF Managing Owner Jorge Mas. "His vision will further drive the growth of our Club and support our local and commercial partnerships."
"I am grateful for the trust and support Jorge Mas and David Beckham have given me, and I am very motivated and excited to begin this new journey in South Florida. I am a huge fan of the United States and I believe that there is no better time to be part of the soccer industry in this country alongside a young organization with a world of opportunities ahead," said newly appointed Chief Business Officer Xavier Asensi. "I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far and look forward to working with the team to establish a clear direction and strategy to achieve our goals."
Asensi reached many successes during his 10-year tenure with Barcelona, having worked his way up from project manager to Chief Commercial Officer. The bilingual native of Barcelona, Spain, began his journey serving as the Asia Area Manager leading the creation and implementation of the club's Asia business plan from 2011 to 2013. He moved to Hong Kong shortly after to undertake the massive project of opening their first-ever office outside of Barcelona.
Asensi took over management of Barcelona's APAC operations before being promoted to Global Commercial Director in 2018. In this role, he led all sponsorship revenues, earning him a promotion to Chief Commercial Officer and Executive Board Member, the positions he has held for the past three years. During this time, FC Barcelona became the third club to ever top Deloitte's Football Money League in 2020, which showcases the highest revenue-generating clubs in the world. Barcelona remains at the top of the list in 2021.
Asensi holds a bachelor's in international business with a focus on international economics from ESCI-UPF in Barcelona, Spain, and an executive degree from Stanford University in Interpersonal Dynamics for High-Performance Executives. He will reside in Miami with his wife and infant daughter.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 8, 2021
- Nashville SC 2021 Single Game Tickets on Sale Today to General Public in the 300 Level for the First Two Matches - Nashville SC
- Single Match Ticket on Sale Times Announced - Inter Miami CF
- Rapids Forward Andre Shinyashiki Embraces Evolving Role in the Locker Room - Colorado Rapids
- T-Mobile Tour: Coming to a Location Near You - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Selection Rio Hope-Gund - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Stadium to Host 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Preliminary Round in July - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC to Host 2021 Virtual Fan Fest Delivered by DoorDash - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CBS Boston and New England Revolution Announce New Local Broadcast Partnership - New England Revolution
- Atlanta United Signs Defender Alan Franco - Atlanta United FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2021 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Shares Updated Health and Safety Protocols for 2021 Season - MLS
- Earthquakes Announce Wondo Way Street Name - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Sign Winger Kevin Cabral - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Returns to TXA 21 in 2021 - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Acquire General Allocation Money, SuperDraft Selection from LA Galaxy - FC Cincinnati
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Corus Entertainment Announce Expansive Broadcast Partnership - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Inter Miami CF Appoints Xavier Asensi as Chief Business Officer - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew SC Faces Real Esteli FC Tonight in 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 Match - Columbus Crew SC
- "NYCFC - Home for the City" 2021 Season Preview Show Debuts Friday, April 9 - New York City FC
- A New Partnership between CF Montreal and GE Appliances Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Rodolfo Pizarro Called up to Mexican National Team Friendlies
- Inter Miami CF vs. CF Montréal Match Moved to Red Bull Arena
- Inter Miami CF, Fort Lauderdale CF Players Included in 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Preliminary Rosters
- Shea, Gregore Prepared for D.C. After Three-Week Training Camp
- Inter Miami CF Hires Craig Dalrymple as Academy Director