Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2021 MLS Season
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today their local television and radio broadcast schedule for the 2021 Major League Soccer season. NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California will televise 26 matches in 2021. The Quakes also welcome back KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF 'La Kaliente' for radio coverage during the season, with select matches moving to KNBR 680.
Many marquee matches will air on NBC Sports Bay Area or NBC Sports California in 2021, including the season opener against Houston Dynamo FC (April 16; 5 p.m. PT), a mid-summer showdown against LAFC (Aug. 8; 4 p.m. PT), Austin FC's first-ever trip to San Jose (Oct. 20; 7:30 p.m. PT), and the Decision Day season finale vs. FC Dallas (Nov. 7; 3 p.m. PT).
The broadcast crew of Anthony Passarelli, Chris Dangerfield and Danielle Slaton will continue to provide exciting play-by-play and provide insightful color commentary throughout the season.
Passarelli enters his 10th year broadcasting Earthquakes soccer, and eighth in the TV booth. A four-time NorCal AFTRA award-winning sports anchor and reporter, he has provided color commentary and radio play-by-play for San Jose State men's basketball and Santa Clara University men's soccer.
Dangerfield, entering his eighth consecutive year as a color analyst, was inducted into the Earthquakes Hall of Fame in 2018 for his work on and off the field. He served as the team's color analyst on television from 1996-99 following a great playing career in both the North American Soccer League and Western Soccer Alliance. In the NASL, Dangerfield was a key midfielder from 1982-84, scoring 14 goals and notching 14 assists for the Quakes in that span. He helped the 1983 Quakes to an undefeated season at home and a semifinal finish in the playoffs.
Slaton is entering her sixth consecutive season as a color analyst for the Quakes. She has provided commentary for major worldwide events, including the 2016 Rio Olympics for NBC, and 2015 and 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup for FOX. Slaton played for the U.S. Women's National Team from 2000-2005, earning a silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games and a bronze in the 2003 FIFA Women's World Cup. She also played professionally for Olympique Lyonnias in France, after spending her college years at Santa Clara University, where she captained her team to a NCAA championship in 2001. She was three-time All-American and was named the 2001 NCAA Scholar Athlete of the Year.
KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF will continue serving as the club's radio broadcast stations in English and Spanish, respectively. KNBR 1050 will be the English radio home of the Quakes for the fifth consecutive season, while 1370 KZSF "La Kaliente" will be the team's Spanish-language flagship for the 11th season in a row.
KNBR maintains one of the strongest reputations in American sports radio and also serves as a radio partner for both the San Francisco Giants and San Francisco 49ers. KNBR's broadcast team will include the familiar voices of Ted Ramey and Joe Cannon.
Ramey will serve as the primary play-by-play voice for home and away broadcasts for the eighth consecutive year. His resume includes work for soccer, hockey, football, track and field, and CrossFit. He has been a sports broadcasting personality in the Bay Area since 2012 and has been hosting the San Jose Earthquakes' Soccer Hour on KNBR 1050 since 2016. Ramey is also a reporter for KCBS Radio.
Cannon will serve as the color analyst for home matches for the eighth straight season. He started his Earthquakes playing career in 1999, helped San Jose win its first MLS Cup in 2001, and later captured MLS Goalkeeper of the Year honors in 2002. During his career, Cannon spent seven seasons with the Quakes and still leads the club's goalkeeping records in games started (171), minutes played (15,561), wins (66) and saves (693).
1370 KZSF is a locally owned Spanish-language station that hosts daily sports talk shows and also plays a wide variety of pop-music. Carlos Cesar Rivera returns as the Spanish-language broadcaster for the Earthquakes, and also hosts La Kaliente's sports talk show from 5-7 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, which covers MLS and Liga MX, as well as many other sports teams in the Bay Area. Rivera came to the Earthquakes with a distinguished sports broadcasting background, having called games for the San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants and the San Francisco Bay Blackhawks during his lengthy career.
Ramiro Corrales will serve as the broadcast's color analyst for the third season in the row following a lengthy playing career that saw him be inducted in the club's Hall of Fame in 2015. He currently ranks second in starts (228), third in appearances (250) and sixth in assists (32) in Quakes' history.
WEEK DATE TIME (PT) HOME TEAM AWAY TEAM TV
1 Fri., April 16 5 p.m. HOU SJ NBCSBA+
2 Sat., April 24 12:30 p.m. SJ DAL UNIV
3 Sat., May 1 8 p.m. SJ DC NBCSCA
4 Fri., May 7 6:30 p.m. RSL SJ NBCSCA@ 5 Wed., May 12 7:30 p.m. SJ SEA NBCSBA
6 Sat., May 15 7 p.m. SJ POR NBCSCA
7 Sat., May 22 7 p.m. SJ SKC NBCSBA
8 Sat., May 29 5 p.m. LA SJ UniMÃ¡s
9 Sat., June 19 6 p.m. ATX SJ UniMÃ¡s
10 Tue., June 22 4:30 p.m. ORL SJ NBCSBA+
11 Sat., June 26* 7 p.m. SJ LA UniMÃ¡s
12 Sat., July 3 5 p.m. MIN SJ NBCSCA
13 Sat., July 17 6 p.m. COL SJ NBCSBA
14 Wed., July 21 5:30 p.m. SKC SJ NBCSCA
15 Sat., July 24 7 p.m. SJ HOU NBCSBA+
16 Sun., Aug. 1 TBD SEA SJ FS1
17 Wed., Aug. 4 7:30 p.m. POR SJ NBCSCA
18 Sun., Aug. 8 4 p.m. SJ LAFC NBCSBA
19 Fri., Aug. 13 7:30 p.m. SJ VAN NBCSBA
20 Tue., Aug. 17 7:30 p.m. SJ MIN NBCSCA+
21 Fri., Aug. 20 7 p.m. LA SJ ESPN
22 Sat., Sept. 4 7 p.m. SJ COL UniMÃ¡s
23 Sat., Sept. 11 5:30 p.m. DAL SJ NBCSBA
24 Wed., Sept. 15 7:30 p.m. SJ RSL NBCSCA+
25 Sat., Sept. 18 6 p.m. ATX SJ NBCSBA+
26 Sat., Sept. 25 7 p.m. SJ LAFC NBCSCA
27 Wed., Sept. 29 7:30 p.m. SJ SEA NBCSBA+
28 Sat., Oct. 2^ 7 p.m. VAN SJ NBCSBA
29 Sat., Oct. 16 12:30 p.m. LAFC SJ UNIV
30 Wed., Oct. 20 7:30 p.m. SJ ATX NBCSBA
31 Sat., Oct. 23 7 p.m. SJ VAN NBCSBA
32 Wed., Oct. 27 7 p.m. POR SJ NBCSCA
33 Sat., Oct. 30 6:30 p.m. RSL SJ NBCSCA
34 Sun., Nov. 7 3 p.m. SJ DAL NBCSCA
* Match played at Stanford Stadium; ^ Match venue TBD
@ Match will stream live on the NBC Sports app and on TV via tape delay
NBCSBA = NBC Sports Bay Area; NBCSCA = NBC Sports California
UNIV = Univision; FS1 = FOX Sports 1 table.MsoNormalTable
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 8, 2021
- Nashville SC 2021 Single Game Tickets on Sale Today to General Public in the 300 Level for the First Two Matches - Nashville SC
- Single Match Ticket on Sale Times Announced - Inter Miami CF
- Rapids Forward Andre Shinyashiki Embraces Evolving Role in the Locker Room - Colorado Rapids
- T-Mobile Tour: Coming to a Location Near You - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Selection Rio Hope-Gund - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Stadium to Host 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Preliminary Round in July - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC to Host 2021 Virtual Fan Fest Delivered by DoorDash - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CBS Boston and New England Revolution Announce New Local Broadcast Partnership - New England Revolution
- Atlanta United Signs Defender Alan Franco - Atlanta United FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2021 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Shares Updated Health and Safety Protocols for 2021 Season - MLS
- Earthquakes Announce Wondo Way Street Name - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Sign Winger Kevin Cabral - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Returns to TXA 21 in 2021 - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Acquire General Allocation Money, SuperDraft Selection from LA Galaxy - FC Cincinnati
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Corus Entertainment Announce Expansive Broadcast Partnership - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Inter Miami CF Appoints Xavier Asensi as Chief Business Officer - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew SC Faces Real Esteli FC Tonight in 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 Match - Columbus Crew SC
- "NYCFC - Home for the City" 2021 Season Preview Show Debuts Friday, April 9 - New York City FC
- A New Partnership between CF Montreal and GE Appliances Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 10, 2021
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Week
- Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes extend winning streak to three
- Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight
- Coca-Cola Becomes Official Beverage Partner of the San Jose Earthquakes