Indy Eleven Signs Midfielder Drew Conner
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven today added a third new player to its roster in less than 24 hours' time with the signing of midfielder Drew Conner for the remainder of the 2019 USL Championship season, pending league and federation approval and receipt of the player's international transfer certificate. Per club policy, terms of player contracts with Indy Eleven will not be released. Conner is expected to be available for selection as early as this Sunday's home contest at Lucas Oil Stadium against Saint Louis FC.
Conner joins the Boys in Blue from Czech Republic club Znojmo after making eight appearances for the squad in 2019. The native of Cary, Ill., began his professional career at the Major League Soccer level as a Homegrown signing with Chicago Fire SC. The 25-year-old Conner made 32 appearances (13 starts) and tallied one assist with the MLS side from 2016-18, in addition to making 12 appearances for Saint Louis FC while on loan with the USL Championship club in 2016.
"We are excited to add such a dynamic, versatile player to our roster at this stage of the season. He will be a very valuable asset to our team on the field and in our community," said Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie.
Conner spent 2012-15 playing in the USL Premier Development League with Chicago Fire U23, where scored three goals in 17 appearances. During the same period he spent his fall semesters playing collegiately with the University of Wisconsin, where he was a four-year starter and two-time captain under long-time Indiana University Assistant Coach John Trask.
"To be a part of a club that has established a winning culture, ambitious goals and one of the best fan bases in the country is something I'm truly excited and grateful for," said Conner. "I'm ready to contribute in any way possible to help bring a trophy to Indianapolis."
As part of the team's batch of midseason moves ahead of the final two months of Championship regular season play, Indy Eleven and Do-heon Kim have mutually agreed to terminate the contract of the 37-year-old midfielder, removing him from the club's roster effective immediately. The veteran South Korean midfielder tallied one goal during his seven appearances with Indiana's Team in 2019.
"On behalf of Indy Eleven, I want to thank Do-heon Kim and wish him best of luck as he continues his career in the sport," Rennie stated. "He is as professional a player and teammate as you will find, and he sacrificed a lot personally to continue his career here in the States, so we certainly appreciate his contributions during his short time with us."
Coming off the heels of a bye week, the Boys in Blue get back to action tonight (Tuesday, August 13) with an exhibition match at National Premier Soccer League side Detroit City FC (7:30 p.m. kickoff) before returning home for back-to-back Sunday affairs against Saint Louis FC on Aug. 18 (Faith & Family Night) and Charlotte Independence on Aug. 25 ("Red Out" Summer Celebration). Tickets for those 6:00 p.m. contests at Lucas Oil Stadium remain available for as little as $15 and can be purchased at indyeleven.com/tickets or by calling 317-685-1100.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 13, 2019
- Indy Eleven Downs Detroit City FC 1-0 in Road Friendly - Indy Eleven
- Section 615: West Nashville Dream Center Uses Soccer to Empower Kids in Crisis - Nashville SC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Announce Date for Rescheduled Match vs Portland Timbers 2 - El Paso Locomotive FC
- T2 Announce Date for Rescheduled Road Match against El Paso Locomotive FC - Portland Timbers 2
- Nashville SC to Attend Live on the Green Starting Thursday. August 15 - Nashville SC
- Apocalypse World: Beyond Wasteland Comes to Greater Nevada Field - Reno 1868 FC
- Lights FC Unveil Leagues Cup "Two-Pack" - Fans Get Two Matches for Price of One - Las Vegas Lights FC
- North Carolina FC Captain Austin da Luz to Retire Following 2019 Season - North Carolina FC
- Nashville SC Defender Forrest Lasso Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- McCabe Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Louisville City FC
- Ramon Del Campo Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Fresno FC
- Solomon Asante Earns USL Team of the Week Honorable Mention - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio's Parano Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Cristian Parano Named USL Championship Player of the Week - San Antonio FC
- Steel FC's Morton Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors - Bethlehem Steel FC
- USL Inks League-Wide Partnership with ISBI 360 - USL
- Francis Jacobs Signs Professional Contract with Orange County SC - Orange County SC
- Austin Bold FC Receives Defender Gustavo Rissi - Austin Bold FC
- Indy Eleven Signs Midfielder Drew Conner - Indy Eleven
- Switchbacks FC Sign Forward Fernando Gonzalez Delfin - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Toronto FC - Ottawa Fury FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Defender Ayoze Garcia Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 28
- Indy Eleven Clinches Playoff Berth with 2-1 Win over Bethlehem Steel FC
- Preview: Indy Eleven Looks to Continue Trek to the Top vs. Bethlehem Steel FC
- Indy Eleven Moves to Top of the East with 2-0 Win over Ottawa Fury FC
- Indy Eleven Fall Youth Soccer Clinics Kick off this Weekend