San Antonio's Parano Voted Championship Player of the Week
August 13, 2019 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - San Antonio FC midfielder Cristian Parano has been voted the USL Championship Player of the Week for Week 23 of the 2019 season. Parano recorded two goals as San Antonio moved into the playoff positions after a 4-1 victory on the road against Reno 1868 FC on Saturday night.
Parano received 62 percent of the poll conducted by a national panel of independent media representing every USL Championship market. The New York Red Bulls II's Jared Stroud finished second on 19 percent after recording one goal, one assist and eight key passes in his side's victory against Hartford Athletic that moved New York to the top of the Eastern Conference standings.
USL Championship Team of the Week
GK - Todd Morton, Bethlehem Steel FC: Morton recorded a seven-save shutout as Steel FC claimed a point on the road against Nashville SC in a 0-0 draw at First Tennessee Park.
D - Forrest Lasso, Nashville SC: Lasso made 20 recoveries, won 13 of 18 duels and 8 of 9 aerials while completing 113 of 139 passes across a pair of shutouts by Nashville's defense over the week.
D - Ramon Martin Del Campo, Fresno FC: Del Campo scored the game-winning goal, recorded six recoveries and six clearances and won a combined 14 of 23 duels in the Foxes' 2-1 road win against OKC Energy FC.
D - Gabe Robinson, Las Vegas Lights FC: Robinson recorded 12 clearances, won 3 of 4 aerials and completed 14 of 19 passes as Lights FC earned a 0-0 draw on the road against Sacramento Republic FC.
M - Jared Stroud, New York Red Bulls II: Stroud had a goal and assist, recorded eight key passes and completed 34 of 42 passes overall as the Red Bulls II defeated Hartford Athletic 5-1.
M - Jack Blake, Real Monarchs SLC: Blake had one goal on seven shots, including another that hit the woodwork, and recorded five key passes as the Monarchs defeated Tulsa Roughnecks FC 4-1.
M - Niall McCabe, Louisville City FC: McCabe scored once, had four key passes, won 9 of 10 duels and completed 52 of 66 passes in LouCity's 5-1 win against ATL UTD 2.
M - Cristian Parano, San Antonio FC: Parano scored a pair of goals, recorded four key passes and completed 30 of 36 passes in SAFC's 4-1 road victory against Reno 1868 FC.
M - Robbie Mertz, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC: Mertz notched a pair of assists and four key passes overall while completing 5 of 5 dribbles and recording nine recoveries in Pittsburgh's 3-2 win against the Swope Park Rangers.
F - Eddie Opoku, Birmingham Legion FC: Opoku scored the only goal, recorded four key passes and put four of five shots on target while completing 4 of 4 dribbles in Legion FC's victory away to the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
F - Foster Langsdorf, Portland Timbers 2: Langsdorf scored two goals in two games and recorded two key passes as T2 earned four points from their two outings to return to the postseason positions.
Bench: Matt Van Oekel (BHM), Kalen Ryden (SLC), Ernesto Walker (LA), Ben Speas (NC), Solomon Asante (PHX), Daniel Rios (NSH), Shandon Hopeau (TAC)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 13, 2019
- Indy Eleven Downs Detroit City FC 1-0 in Road Friendly - Indy Eleven
- Section 615: West Nashville Dream Center Uses Soccer to Empower Kids in Crisis - Nashville SC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Announce Date for Rescheduled Match vs Portland Timbers 2 - El Paso Locomotive FC
- T2 Announce Date for Rescheduled Road Match against El Paso Locomotive FC - Portland Timbers 2
- Nashville SC to Attend Live on the Green Starting Thursday. August 15 - Nashville SC
- Apocalypse World: Beyond Wasteland Comes to Greater Nevada Field - Reno 1868 FC
- Lights FC Unveil Leagues Cup "Two-Pack" - Fans Get Two Matches for Price of One - Las Vegas Lights FC
- North Carolina FC Captain Austin da Luz to Retire Following 2019 Season - North Carolina FC
- Nashville SC Defender Forrest Lasso Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- McCabe Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Louisville City FC
- Ramon Del Campo Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Fresno FC
- Solomon Asante Earns USL Team of the Week Honorable Mention - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio's Parano Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Cristian Parano Named USL Championship Player of the Week - San Antonio FC
- Steel FC's Morton Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors - Philadelphia Union II
- USL Inks League-Wide Partnership with ISBI 360 - USL
- Francis Jacobs Signs Professional Contract with Orange County SC - Orange County SC
- Austin Bold FC Receives Defender Gustavo Rissi - Austin Bold FC
- Indy Eleven Signs Midfielder Drew Conner - Indy Eleven
- Switchbacks FC Sign Forward Fernando Gonzalez Delfin - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Toronto FC - Ottawa Fury FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.