Impact Reaches Round of 16 of MLS Is Back Tournament
ORLANDO, Florida - The Montreal Impact booked its ticket for the knockout phase of the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando, Florida.
After finishing third of group C with a 1-0 clean sheet win against D.C. United on Tuesday night, a 2-0 win from FC Cincinnati against the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday night confirmed the Impact qualification as one of the four best third-placed teams from the group stage.
In the round of 16, Thierry Henry's men will face Orlando City SC this Saturday, July 25, at 8pm (TVA Sports, TSN, 98,5, TSN 690), a game presented by BMO.
If they win each of the knockout stage games, the Impact would play its quarterfinal game on Friday, July 31, at 7:30pm, the semi-final game on Thursday, August 6, at 8pm and the tournament final on Tuesday, August 11, at 8pm. All details here.
As of now, the other qualified teams for the knockout phase are the Philadelphia Union, the San Jose Earthquakes, the Seattle Sounders FC, the New England Revolution, Toronto FC, Sporting Kansas City, Real Salt Lake, Minnesota United FC, the Columbus Crew SC, FC Cincinnati, the Portland Timbers and LAFC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 22, 2020
- FC Cincinnati Defeat New York, 2-0 and Knock Red Bulls out of Tournament - New York Red Bulls
- Orange and Blue advance to MLS is Back Tournament Knockout Stage - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Reaches Round of 16 of MLS Is Back Tournament - Montreal Impact
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Group Play against LA Galaxy and Vie for Spot in Knockout Round - Houston Dynamo
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Acquire Goalkeeper Jonathan Sirois on Loan from Montreal Impact - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Greater Orlando 2026 FIFA World Cup Pursuit Partners Present to FIFA and U.S. Soccer - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 to Sporting KC - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Sinks RSL 2-0 to Reach Knockout Stage - Sporting Kansas City
- KCOP and Estrella TV to Re-Air Saturday Night's 6-2 LAFC Victory over Galaxy - Los Angeles FC
- Newest MLS Expansion Club Unveils Name, Crest and Colors - Charlotte FC
- Trevor Burns Named 2020 UnitedHealthcare Revolution Academy Player of the Year - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Fall to Montreal in Final Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Match Report - Montreal Impact 1-0 D.C. United - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Play Philadelphia Union in Round of 16 on July 25 - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.