Match Report - Montreal Impact 1-0 D.C. United
ORLANDO, Florida - The Montreal Impact won its last game of the group phase of the MLS is Back Tournament 1-0 against D.C. United on Tuesday night, in Orlando, Florida.
Tonight's win means the Montreal Impact could qualify as one of the four best third-place teams from the group phase.
Midfielder Samuel Piette had his 75th start and played his 75th game with the Impact.
Striker Maximiliano Urruti had his 150th MLS start.
MTL - Saphir TaÃ¯der 31' (Bojan)
DCU - Felipe 35'
MTL - Maximiliano Urruti 42'
MTL - GK-Clément Diop; D-Jorge Corrales, Luis Binks, Rod Fanni, Zachary Brault-Guillard (Shamit Shome 86'); M-Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette, Saphir TaÃ¯der, Bojan; F-Romell Quioto (Anthony Jackson-Hamel 90'+1'), Maximiliano Urruti (Orji Okwonkwo 69')
Subs not used - Evan Bush, Joel Waterman, Jukka Raitala, Karifa Yao, Emanuel Maciel, Clément Bayiha, Mathieu Choinière, Amar Sejdic, Lassi Lappalainen
DCU - GK-Bill Hamid; D-Chris Odoi-Atsem (Federico Higuain 70'), Frederic Brilland, Steven Birnbaum, Joseph Mora; M-Russell Canouse, Junior Moreno (Oniel Fisher 83'), Ulises Segura (Griffin Yow 83'), Yamil Asad (Ola Kamara 70'), Felipe, Julian Gressel (Kevin Paredes 52')
Subs not used - Chris Seitz, Earl Edwards Jr, Donovan Pines, Emmanuel Boateng, Moses Nyeman, Erik Sorga
"We had the ball for most of the time against Toronto, but we ended up losing. This time, we had the ball in the first half, and in the second half it was a bit more difficult. Now, hopefully we can move on in this tournament. But on the other end, it was important for us to bounce back in the league, and now we're back in the mix in the Eastern Conference."
"I made two kick saves, but the team's performance is what's most important. The guys gave everything tonight, including the ones that came in. Credit to everyone tonight who gave it their all."
"We've been working hard in training and it hasn't been easy for us. We lost the two first games, but we're a good group. We take the positive from each game and we learn quickly. This is the result we needed tonight, now hopefully we can use this momentum to keep going."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 22, 2020
- FC Cincinnati Defeat New York, 2-0 and Knock Red Bulls out of Tournament - New York Red Bulls
- Orange and Blue advance to MLS is Back Tournament Knockout Stage - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Reaches Round of 16 of MLS Is Back Tournament - Montreal Impact
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Group Play against LA Galaxy and Vie for Spot in Knockout Round - Houston Dynamo
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Acquire Goalkeeper Jonathan Sirois on Loan from Montreal Impact - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Greater Orlando 2026 FIFA World Cup Pursuit Partners Present to FIFA and U.S. Soccer - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 to Sporting KC - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Sinks RSL 2-0 to Reach Knockout Stage - Sporting Kansas City
- KCOP and Estrella TV to Re-Air Saturday Night's 6-2 LAFC Victory over Galaxy - Los Angeles FC
- Newest MLS Expansion Club Unveils Name, Crest and Colors - Charlotte FC
- Trevor Burns Named 2020 UnitedHealthcare Revolution Academy Player of the Year - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Fall to Montreal in Final Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Match Report - Montreal Impact 1-0 D.C. United - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Play Philadelphia Union in Round of 16 on July 25 - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.