IF/OF Andrew Velazquez Transferred to AAA Durham; IF Michael Russell to Biscuits
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - The Rays have announced that IF/OF Andrew Velazquez has been transferred from the Biscuits to AAA Durham.
Velazquez, 23, was hitting .229 with two home runs, two doubles, a triple, and four RBI through his first eight games with the Biscuits in 2018 and will head to Triple-A for the first time in his career.
The Rays also announced that IF Michael Russell has been transferred to the Biscuits from Extended Spring Training. Russell spent all of 2017 in Montgomery where he had half of the Biscuits six walk-off hits that season.
The Biscuits active roster is currently at 25.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 17, 2018
- Clutch Hit Absent As Barons Fall 4-3 - Birmingham Barons
- Huge Tenth Inning Gives Smokies Extra Innings Win over Biscuits - Tennessee Smokies
- Lookouts Walk-Off Jumbo Shrimp 3-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Atlanta Braves LHP Luiz Gohara to rehab for M-Braves - Mississippi Braves
- Highly-Rated Pitching Prospect Griffin Canning Joins BayBears - Mobile BayBears
- Wahoos Snap Skid, Take Opener over Braves 8-3 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- IF/OF Andrew Velazquez Transferred to AAA Durham; IF Michael Russell to Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- M-Braves Drop Series Opener to Pensacola 8-3 - Mississippi Braves
- Season-High 13 Hits Part of 5-1 Victory over BayBears - Biloxi Shuckers
- Down 4 After 5 Innings, Generals Pull It Off - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montgomery Biscuits Stories
- Biscuits Unwrap More Promotions in the Year of Bacon
- Biscuits Bake up Fresh Promo Calendar in the "Year of Bacon" at Riverwalk Stadium
- Auburn University at Montgomery to Host the University of Montevallo at Riverwalk Stadium
- Biscuits 2019 Field Staff Announced
- Generals End Biscuits Season, 11-7