IceMen Come from Behind to Beat Americans
ALLEN, TX - The Evansville IceMen erased a two-goal deficit Friday with three unanswered goals in a 3-2 win over the Allen Americans at the Allen Event Center. The two teams meet one more time Saturday night in the final game of the regular season.
Allen scored 2:47 into the game, when J.P. LaFontaine won a faceoff in the right circle, and Kyle Neuber fired a quick shot past IceMen goalie Christoffer Bengtsberg. The Americans made it 2-0 late in the period, when Vincent Arseneau cut to the net and lifted a shot into the top of the net with 1:12 left in the first period.
Seconds after a fight between IceMen rookie Matthew Zay and Americans' forward Dyson Stevenson, Evansville cut the Allen lead in half, when Nathan Moon snapped a shot past Americans' goaltender Riley Gill. The goal extended Moon's point streak to seven games, which matches a career-high. Allen carried the 2-1 lead into the second intermission.
Evansville tied the game 4:11 into the third period, when Daultan Leveille skipped a shot past Gill from the left circle. It was Leveille's 24th goal of the season, which sets a single-season IceMen record since the team joined the ECHL in 2012-13. Troy Rutkowski completed the comeback and provided the game winning goal for the IceMen, when he picked off an Allen pass at the Evansville blue line and raced the length of the ice before beating Gill with a wrist shot on a 2-on-1.
Bengtsberg stopped 11 shots in the third period and 35 in the game for his 11th win. The rookie goaltender has wins in back-to-back starts, after stopping 48 shots last Sunday in a 5-4 overtime win at Fort Wayne.
The IceMen finish the regular season Saturday at 7:05pm against the Americans. The game will be broadcast on www.evansvilleicemen.com and ECHL TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:50pm. Saturday will be the last Official Viewing Party out at Bar Louie in Evansville, the headquarters for IceMen away games.
Sat. 4/9 - Evansville at Allen (7:05pm) - Allen Event Center (Allen, TX)
FINAL JERSEY AUCTION
The final chance to bid on game-worn player jerseys will be in a live auction Monday, April 11 at 6pm at Beef O' Brady's in Newburgh. Following the team's final three games in Allen, Texas on April 6, 8 and 9, all of the Evansville IceMen players will sign their jerseys for the winning bidders.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 8, 2016
- Beast Tame Jackals and Record Attendance Milestone in Final Home - Brampton Beast
- Mavericks Fall 4-2 to Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Claim Playoff Spot Despite Slipping Down the Stretch - Reading Royals
- Pommells Hat-Trick Powers Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Wings Get Point in Overtime Loss; Playoff Hopes Hinge on Finale - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Bit by Beast, 2-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mallards Clinch Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Clinch East Division Despite Falling, 4-3, to Adirondack - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Fall in Regular Season Home Finale to Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel End Home Schedule on a High Note with 5-2 Win - Indy Fuel
- Wheeling Nails It Down with Incredible Comeback - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Can't Overcome Everblades in 5-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Olkinuora Makes 29 Saves for Oilers 2-1 Victory - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Are South Division Champions with 6-2 Win at Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynch's Hat Trick Leads Everblades to 5-3 Victory over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Six Unanswered Goals Sink Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Fall to Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Come from Behind to Beat Americans - Evansville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Salute Fans with 3-2 Win in Home Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gladiators Fall to Swamp Rabbits 3-2 in Final Road Game of Season - Atlanta Gladiators
- Bernie John Named Indy Fuel Head Coach - Indy Fuel
- Monarchs Announce Roster Move - Manchester Monarchs
- Donnay Reassigned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - April 8 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Host Oilers in Final Regular Season Home Game - Wichita Thunder
- Berschbach Receives Sportsmanship Award - Toledo Walleye
- Former First Round Draft Pick Assigned to Wings; Valk Back to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Middleton signs ATO, Morris to Binghamton - Manchester Monarchs
- Toledo's Berschbach Receives 2015-16 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Americans Close out Regular Season at Home this Weekend - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers at Thunder Tonight: Game Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Close out Season against Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:30 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Florentino Receives 2015-16 ECHL Community Service Award - Florida Everblades
- Jarvis Award Recipient to be Honored - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Conclude 2015-16 Regular Season Road Slate with Battle in Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Florida's Florentino Receives 2015-16 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - April 8 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Send Fans Home Happy with Last-Second 4-3 OT Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.