Ice Dogs Elect Not to Renew Kaminski's Contract
LONG BEACH, Calif. The Long Beach Ice Dogs announced today that they will not renew head coach Kevin Kaminskis contract, after the club failed to make the playoffs for the second consecutive year. As of this time, a replacement has not yet been named.
The Ice Dogs finished the 2003-04 season with a record of 23-44-5, to finish in last place in the Pacific Division. In two seasons with Long Beach, Kaminski posted a record of 45-90-9. Playing in a very tough Pacific Division, the Ice Dogs will be looking to return to playoff contention, a position they became familiar with in six previous seasons in Long Beach from 1996-2002.
We appreciate the work ethic Kevin has shown during his two years with the Ice Dogs, said Long Beach president Tony Soares. Unfortunately, Kevins effort has not translated into a winning team on the ice and we have decided to move in a different direction and we will not be renewing his contract. We not only appreciate his work behind the bench, but also the contributions Kevin and his family have made to our community. We wish Kevin and his family all the best in their future endeavors.
In nine seasons, the Ice Dogs have a combined record of 358-269-69. The 2004-05 season will mark the 10 year anniversary of the franchise, including its first season in Los Angeles.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 13, 2004
- Steelheads win in OT, 4-3, to force game five - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Jacques Assigned By Milwaukee - Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
- Aces wait on Vegas, Idaho - Alaska Aces
- Ice Dogs Elect Not to Renew Kaminski's Contract - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Nailers Down Royals to Force Game Five Wednesday at WesBanco Arena - Wheeling Nailers
- IceGators to play fifth, deciding game - Louisiana IceGators
- Sea Wolves Staged Golden Night For Southern Miss - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Blades Host Stingrays Friday and Saturday - Florida Everblades
- IceGators Drop Game Four To Ice Pilots 3-1 - Louisiana IceGators
- Rivermen Overtime Heroics End Bullies Season - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen Nip Atlantic 2-1 in Overtime in Game Four of the Northern Division Semfinals - Peoria Rivermen
- South Carolina's Protsenko Suspended One Game - ECHL
- Idaho's Sgroi Suspended Five Games - ECHL
- Louisiana's Materukhin Suspended Three Games - ECHL
- Columbia's Nolan Suspended One Game - ECHL
- Sea Wolves Stage Golden Night For Southern Miss - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Blades Headed to Southern Division Finals - Florida Everblades
- 19 Players, Coach Represent ECHL In IIHF World Championship Division I - ECHL
- Today In The ECHL - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Beach Ice Dogs Stories
- Kelly Cup comes to Long Beach (for a visit)
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally
- American Idol contestant William Hung to perform at Long Beach Ice Dogs game Saturday night
- Ice Dogs and fans donate over 2,000 books to charity
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday