ICE Acquire Wilson from Victoria
The Winnipeg ICE have acquired defenceman Wyatt Wilson from the Victoria Royals in exchange for a conditional fourth round pick in the 2023 WHL Prospects Draft and a conditional fourth round pick in the 2026 WHL Prospects Draft.
Wilson, 19, from Swift Current, Saskatchewan is in his second WHL season. He has played 59 games with the Royals registering 13 points (three goals and 10 assists) and 54 penalty minutes.The 6'3", 208 pound blueliner had two assists in eight games with the Royals this season.
He was selected by the Lethbridge Hurricanes in the sixth round, 116th overall in the 2018 WHL Prospects Draft. This past September, Wilson played for the Winnipeg Jets in the Young Stars Classic that took place in Penticton, BC.
Wilson is currently recovering from a lower body injury suffered in a game in early October.
The ICE roster currently includes two goaltenders, eight defencemen and 13 forwards.
Next action for the ICE is Friday, December 9th, 7pm at the ICE Cave inside Wayne Fleming Arena versus the Spokane Chiefs on Teddy Bear Toss Night presented by Manitoba Building Trades. Fans are encouraged to bring a new pre-packaged bear to throw on the ice when the ICE score their first goal of the game. All stuffed bears and funds raised will be donated to the Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba. CLICK Here for Tickets.
The Regina Pats are also in town Sunday afternoon at 5pm.
Check out the all new Holiday Fun Pass which includes a ticket to the Teddy Bear Toss, Friendsmas Night, and the NYE Bash at the ICE Cave. Youth passes start at just $99.00. Click Here to Purchase.
All Winnipeg ICE games are available on CFRW 1290 AM radio and WHL Live / CHL TV.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2022
- Royals Host BC Division Rival Blazers for Two Game Set - Victoria Royals
- Royals Acquire Pair of 4th Round Picks from ICE for Defenceman Wyatt Wilson - Victoria Royals
- ICE Acquire Wilson from Victoria - Winnipeg Ice
- Tigers Deliver Teddy Bears and Smiles to Those in Need - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Pats Teddy Bear Toss Night this Saturday, December 10 - Regina Pats
- Flight Plan: Teddy Bear & Toque Toss Goes this Friday (December 5-11) - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Olen Zellweger Named to Hockey Canada Selection Camp Ahead of '23 Tournament - Everett Silvertips
- Dach to Attend WJC Selection Camp - Kelowna Rockets
- Zack Ostapchuk Invited to Canada's World Junior Selection Camp - Vancouver Giants
- Pats Captain Bedard Named to 2023 WJC Selection Camp - Regina Pats
- Bankier and Stankoven Selected to Canada's National Junior Team Camp - Kamloops Blazers
- Four Thunderbirds Named to WJC Camp - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Lambos Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Winnipeg Ice
- Thirteen WHL Players to Attend National Junior Team Selection Camp - WHL
- December 5 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winterhawks Weekly: Hawks Pick up Three Points; Teddy Bear Toss on the Horizon - Portland Winterhawks
- Oil Kings Acquire Rights to Conrad Fondrk from Kamloops - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blazers Add Draft Pick for Prospect - Kamloops Blazers
- Rebels this Week - Red Deer Rebels
- Oil Kings Set to Host 15th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Teddy Bear Toss And Family Skate This Weekend - Kelowna Rockets
- WHL Announces Weekly Award Winners - WHL
- Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Winnipeg Ice
- Warriors Fall in Calgary to End Successful Road Trip - Moose Jaw Warriors
- 3 Power-Play Goals Propels Cougars to 6-3 Win in Langley - Prince George Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.