Hurricanes Sweep Two Game Set Saturday
BRANDON M.B. - The Lethbridge Hurricane avoid a Wheat Kings comeback and win 6-4 Saturday night.
The Hurricanes started the game with a pair of goals. First it was Tyson Laventure scoring his 6th of the year and 3rd goal in two nights to take a 1-0 lead on the power play. Then, the Hurricanes would continue to pressure inside the attacking zone allowing them to find blue liner Noah Chadwick skating up in the slot to take a 2-0 lead after one period of play.
The Wheat Kings killed the remainder of the Hurricanes powerplay to begin period two but Tyson Zimmer was able to score 11 seconds later beating Nick Jones to take a 3-0 lead. The Wheat Kings would get a goal on the powerplay courtesy of Nate Danielson scoring his team leading 13th of the year putting the Wheat Kings on the board with 18 minutes to go in the 2nd. The Hurricanes would add a very important goal 5 minutes later with Tyson Laventure stealing the puck away to make it 4-1 Lethbridge heading into the third.
The third period started out exactly the way the Wheat Kings wanted with a quick powerplay goal from Calder Anderson only 26 seconds in. The Hurricanes would restore the three goal lead on a powerplay of their own with Brayden Edwards scoring his 2nd of the year to make it 5-2. The Wheat Kings would turn it up with Roger McQueen scoring on an awkward angle to cut the lead back to two goals. Then on the powerplay Andrei Malyavin would cut the lead to one after taking a Nate Danielson feed to make it 5-4 Hurricanes. The Wheat Kings would have two more powerplay opportunities but the Hurricanes plugged up the shooting lanes only allowing one shot on goal during the two chances. Tyson Laventure would add an empty net goal for the hat trick to give the Hurricanes a 6-4 win.
Tyson Laventure (3G)
Nate Danielson (1G-1A)
Noah Chadwick (1G-1A)
The Wheat Kings are back in action next Friday night when they host the Prince Albert Raiders. Puck drop at 7:00pm from Westoba Place in Brandon. Catch voice of the Wheat Kings Chase Johnston with the Drummonds Farm Services pregame show beginning at 6:30pm on Q Country 91.5.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2022
- Saskatoon Stops ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Broncos Complete Weekend Sweep of Oil Kings with Hard-Fought 5-3 Win - Swift Current Broncos
- Chiefs Fall to Rival Americans 4-2 on the Road - Spokane Chiefs
- Hitmen Defeat Tigers 5-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Bested in Swift Current - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hurricanes Sweep Two Game Set Saturday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Aim to Split Double Header with the Hurricanes - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Everett Inks '07 Forward Lukas Kaplan to Standard Player Agreement - Everett Silvertips
- Game Preview: Prince George Cougars vs. Kamloops Blazers (Game #23) - Prince George Cougars
- Game Day Preview November 26 vs Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Pats Take on Royals on Saturday - Regina Pats
- Game #25 - ICE at Saskatoon - Winnipeg Ice
- Sim Stymies Giants in 3-0 Pats' Win - Regina Pats
- Preview: Americans Host Chiefs for Rivalry Night at the Toyota Center - Tri-City Americans
- T-Birds Push Past Portland - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rockets Earn 4-2 win - Kelowna Rockets
- Warriors Earn Hard Fought Win in Kamloops on Friday - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Hawks Score Late But Stumble in Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers Come Back In 3-2 Shootout Win Over Rebels - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Blades Lose 6-3 to ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Kelowna Rockets Edge Tips in Everett for 4-2 Final - Everett Silvertips
- Klassen Scores 15th But Hawks Stumble in Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.