Hurricanes Deal Shepard to Giants
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced that they have traded 2000-born forward Jackson Shepard to the Vancouver Giants in exchange for a third round selection in the 2021 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.
Shepard, 19, was acquired by the Hurricanes in an off-season trade last summer from the Kamloops Blazers. In his lone season with the 'Canes, the West Vancouver, BC, product appeared in 66 games registering 22 points (5g -17a) along with 44 penalty minutes. He added one assist in six post-season games with the Hurricanes.
The third round selection acquired was originally the Hurricanes pick that was traded to the Giants at the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 24, 2019
- 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia Kelowna Host Committee Experiences Hockey Excitement in Halifax - WHL
- CHL Announces 2018-19 Award Finalists - WHL
- Forward Grady Lane Signs WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Deal Shepard to Giants - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Giants Acquire 2000-Born Forward Jackson Shepard from Lethbridge - Vancouver Giants
- T-Birds Sign Kevin Korchinski - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Tigers Sign Wiesblatt - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Barteaux Making the Most of the Off-Season - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheat Kings Prep for Prospects Camp - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.