Forward Grady Lane Signs WHL Agreement
SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs announced on Friday that forward prospect Grady Lane has signed a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement and committed to playing for the Chiefs.
"We're very excited to have Grady officially signed to play here in Spokane," said Chiefs' general manager Scott Carter. "He is a strong, physical forward who we believe will make an impact for us in the future. We look forward to seeing him at training camp in August."
Lane, a 2003-born forward out of Virden, Manitoba, was originally an eighth-round (156th overall) pick by Spokane in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft after a breakout season, during which he posted 42 points (22G-20A) in 35 games with the Southwest Cougars of the Winnipeg Bantam AAA Hockey League.
He jumped up to the Cougars' Manitoba Midget Hockey League team last season, playing 32 games (5G-7A) while adding 67 PIM. Lane also competed for Team Manitoba at the 2019 Canada Winter Games, wearing an "A" as an alternate captain as Manitoba finished fifth.
The Chiefs' 2019 training camp will be the first for him, as he missed the 2018 event with an injury.
Lane is the fourth player from Spokane's 2018 draft class to sign a WHL agreement, joining D Graham Sward (1st round, 17th overall), F Owen MacNeil (2nd round, 39th overall) and F Blake Swetlikoff (3rd round, 61st overall).
Ticket packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and start as low as $80! Learn more at spokanechiefs.com or at the Chiefs' Ticket Office at Spokane Arena during regular business office hours, in-person or over the phone at 509-535-PUCK.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 24, 2019
- 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia Kelowna Host Committee Experiences Hockey Excitement in Halifax - WHL
- CHL Announces 2018-19 Award Finalists - WHL
- Forward Grady Lane Signs WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Deal Shepard to Giants - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Giants Acquire 2000-Born Forward Jackson Shepard from Lethbridge - Vancouver Giants
- T-Birds Sign Kevin Korchinski - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Tigers Sign Wiesblatt - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Barteaux Making the Most of the Off-Season - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheat Kings Prep for Prospects Camp - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Three Former Chiefs on NHL Opening Night Rosters, More on Taxi Squads
- Chiefs Announce Player Development Updates for 2020-21 Season
- ParÃÂk Perfect as Czechs Blank Russians at World Juniors
- Michael King and James Porter Released
- Jack Finley Signs Entry-Level Contract with Tampa Bay Lightning