2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia Kelowna Host Committee Experiences Hockey Excitement in Halifax
May 24, 2019 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
Kelowna, B.C. - The 2020 Memorial Cup presented by Kia, Kelowna Host Committee has been attending the 2019 Memorial Cup in Halifax for the past week, seeing firsthand the level of organization and community commitment that goes into putting on a world-class hockey experience.
"We are so grateful for the opportunity to have observed all the planning that goes into producing an event of this calibre," confirmed Tom Dyas, Chair of the 2020 Memorial Cup Host Committee. "Our goal this week is to learn all we can to create a plan that will make the 2020 Memorial Cup in Kelowna an even more incredible and memorable experience for the teams, the fans and the community."
In addition to the on-ice competition, the 2019 Memorial Cup in Halifax offered interactive experiences such as a Fan Zone with drop-in hockey-themed games, live music concerts that highlighted regional and nationally known Nova Scotia artists, the world-renowned Hockey Hall of Fame display and an extensive Canadian Military display.
"Tickets for the 2019 Memorial Cup in Halifax have been really hard to come by, even with Halifax's 10,000 seat arena," explains Dyas. "We have attended all of the games and have seen the high level of energy continue to build all week. It has truly been an electric atmosphere, and one we plan to duplicate and even exceed in Kelowna."
One of the ways that the Kelowna Rockets have been building the excitement for 2020 was through a chance to win a pair of tickets and enjoy "The Ultimate VIP Fan Experience" at the 2020 Memorial Cup in Kelowna. Hockey fans who committed to a 2019/2020 Kelowna Rockets Season Tickets package, as well as the additional 2020 Memorial Cup Package, were entered into a draw. The winners were drawn on May 3rd - congratulations to Dan and Emily Eising of Kelowna who are the lucky "Ultimate VIP Fan Experience" winners!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 24, 2019
- 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia Kelowna Host Committee Experiences Hockey Excitement in Halifax - WHL
- CHL Announces 2018-19 Award Finalists - WHL
- Forward Grady Lane Signs WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Deal Shepard to Giants - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Giants Acquire 2000-Born Forward Jackson Shepard from Lethbridge - Vancouver Giants
- T-Birds Sign Kevin Korchinski - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Tigers Sign Wiesblatt - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Barteaux Making the Most of the Off-Season - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheat Kings Prep for Prospects Camp - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.