"Hispanic Night" to Feature Live Hockey Broadcast Televised on Telemundo
LUBBOCK, TX: March 8, 2007 - The Lubbock Cotton Kings of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announce that in conjunction with their scheduled "Hispanic Night in the Kingdom" for March 18th at the City Bank Coliseum, the game will be televised live by Ramar Communication's Telemundo 46 (KXTQ).
"The live broadcast in Spanish is a brand new venture for the Cotton Kings and we are very excited about working with Telemundo and being able to bring ice hockey to the Spanish speaking audience," said Cotton Kings General Manager Todd Chisnell. "This is a first for the Cotton Kings. The game theme is actually Hispanic Night in the Kingdom, so the game being broadcast in Spanish ties in well with the theme that night."
The televised broadcast will be the first live broadcast of Cotton Kings hockey in Spanish and first live overall broadcast carried by a local affiliate. Dr. Ruben Pizarro will handle the play-by-play duties solely in Spanish. Pizarro is an afternoon talk show host on ESPN Deportes affiliate KWNX in Austin. He also serves as the Spanish voice of University of Texas football, and has broadcasted several hockey games for the Austin Ice Bats.
"We're excited about this opportunity with the Cotton Kings and hope that our Telemundo 46 viewers enjoy the broadcast," said Telemundo 46 General Manager Chuck Heinz. "I think it's terrific that the Cotton Kings want to do this and hopefully this type of partnership can help expand their fan base and get more people excited about hockey in Lubbock."
The game time is set for 5 PM on Sunday, March 18th, as the Cotton Kings will have a Southwest Division contest against the New Mexico Scorpions. For additional information about the televised broadcast, please contact Chris Due with the Lubbock Cotton Kings (806-549-4228) or Chuck Heinz with Telemundo 46 and Ramar Communications at 806-745-3434.
The Cotton Kings are competing in their eighth season of professional hockey in the South Plains. Their next home game at the City Bank Coliseum is scheduled for tonight with a 7:05 face-off against the New Mexico Scorpions. Individual ticket and corporate sponsorship information is available by contacting the Cotton Kings office at (806) 747-7825. Additional 'Kings info can be found online via their official site at www.cottonkings.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2007
- Rage Rallies Past Wichita, 4-3 - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Scorpions Get Back In Win Column With Shootout Victory - New Mexico Scorpions
- RiverKings fans guaranteed to have fun Saturday night - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Hispanic Night" to Feature Live Hockey Broadcast Televised on Telemundo - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rattray, La Chapelle, Uniforms Noted in Best of Best - Tulsa Oilers
- Scorpions Garner CHL's Best Of The Best - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rosco Voted CHL's Top Coach - Laredo Bucks
- Those pesky fans cited again - Wichita Thunder
- Eagles Well Represented in CHL's "Best of the Best" Poll - Colorado Eagles
- McIver, Rayz recognized by CHL - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bees' website voted tops in Best-of-the-Best Poll - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rage Training Staff Voted CHL's Best - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs Highlighted in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings receive recognition in CHL's "Best of the Best" Poll - Mississippi RiverKings
- Annual CHL 'Best of the Best' Poll Results Announced - CHL
- SteelHounds Christian and Richards Dominate CHL "Best of the Best" Poll - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rayz look to swat Bees in two-game set - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs Recognized in CHL "Best of the Best" Poll - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers About Town - Tulsa Oilers
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.