Rosco Voted CHL's Top Coach
LAREDO, Texas - Laredo Bucks head coach Terry Ruskowski was selected as the Central Hockey League's Best Coach for the second straight season in the annual Best of the Best poll results announced today. In addition Bucks forward Jeff Bes was voted the Smartest Player, forward Bobby Chaumont was selected Best Rookie, and the Laredo Entertainment Center was chosen for Best Arena Music. The voting was completed by coaches, players and staff from around the CHL. Laredo is home on Friday against the Colorado Eagles for a 7:30 p.m. face off. The first 2,000 fans get a Bucks mouse pad courtesy of Doctors Hospital. If Laredo sells out the game they will donate $10,000 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, so pack the house for JDRF. The Bucks are offering season tickets starting at less than $79. For more info call (956)-718-BUCK (2825).
Ruskowski, who captured the honor in 2005-06 as well, received five first place votes and 42 points to come out on top in the poll. In addition to the poll selection last year, he was also selected as the 2005-06 CHL Coach of the Year. In this, his fifth season with the Bucks, he has compiled a record of 205-75-28 and a pair of President's Cup titles.
Chaumont, who leads all CHL rookies with 56 points and is second with 23 goals, dominated the voting with eight first place selections and 61 points in the Best Rookie category. The native of Sudbury, Ontario, has played in every game this season for the Bucks.
Bes, a 15-year pro from Tillsonburg, Ontario, had five first place votes and 32 points to top the Smartest Player category. He also was chosen as the third Best Playmaker.
In 2005-06 Bes was also named the third Best Playmaker. In 2003-04 he was selected as the Best Playmaker. He was second in Best Stick Handler, Best Penalty Killer, and third in Best Overall Player in the 2004 poll.
Bucks defenseman / forward Serge Dube received two first place votes and was chosen as the third Best Defensive Forward. Last season he was honored as the second best Offensive Defenseman in the CHL.
Laredo Bucks fans were selected as third Most Annoying Fans, meaning they effectively get under the skin of opposing teams. Last season they were chosen as the second Best Fans and also as the third Most Annoying Fans. Bucks fans were honored as the Best Fans in the CHL in the 2004 poll.
Bucks A.T.C. Bobby Moore and Equipment Manager Rusty Aldridge received four first place votes, and finished a close second in the Best Equipment / Training Staff voting. It was the first year for the category.
The LEC was selected as having the Best Arena Music and also was voted the third Toughest Building to Win. Last year the LEC was voted the second Toughest Place to Win. In 2004-05 the LEC was the third Toughest Place to Win, while in 2003-04 it captured first place honors.
Finally the Bucks as a whole were voted the second Hardest Working Team in the CHL.
For a complete list of the poll results please use the link provided below.
2006-07 BUCKS SINGLE GAME TICKETS ON SALE
- Single game tickets for the Bucks start at $14.95. Of the 32 home games, 25 will take place on either a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Game times will remain the same for the 2006-07 season. Weekday games begin at 7 p.m., while Friday and Saturday night games are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday games will be at 4 p.m.
2006-07 BUCKS SEASON TICKETS
- The Bucks are offering season tickets starting at less than $79. For more info call (956)-718-BUCK (2825).
BECOME A BUCKS CORPORATE PARTNER
- Your company can become a vital part of the Laredo Bucks family by reaching our fans with your business message. To create a customized advertising package for your company, contact Summer Barrera at (956) 523-7723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUCKS IN THE COMMUNITY
- To schedule an appearance by a Bucks player, coach, or member of the front office staff call Traci Melendez at (956) 718-BUCK (2825) or email her at email@example.com.
- There will be post-game skates at the LEC following Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. The only exceptions will be if there is a post-game jersey auction, there will not be a post-game skate.
BUCKS ON THE AIR
- Listen to every Bucks game, home and away, on Norteno 1490. You can also hear the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com.
BUCKS HIGHLIGHTS ONLINE
- Listen to audio highlights of the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com in the multimedia section.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2007
- Rage Rallies Past Wichita, 4-3 - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Scorpions Get Back In Win Column With Shootout Victory - New Mexico Scorpions
- RiverKings fans guaranteed to have fun Saturday night - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Hispanic Night" to Feature Live Hockey Broadcast Televised on Telemundo - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rattray, La Chapelle, Uniforms Noted in Best of Best - Tulsa Oilers
- Scorpions Garner CHL's Best Of The Best - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rosco Voted CHL's Top Coach - Laredo Bucks
- Those pesky fans cited again - Wichita Thunder
- Eagles Well Represented in CHL's "Best of the Best" Poll - Colorado Eagles
- McIver, Rayz recognized by CHL - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bees' website voted tops in Best-of-the-Best Poll - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rage Training Staff Voted CHL's Best - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs Highlighted in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings receive recognition in CHL's "Best of the Best" Poll - Mississippi RiverKings
- Annual CHL 'Best of the Best' Poll Results Announced - CHL
- SteelHounds Christian and Richards Dominate CHL "Best of the Best" Poll - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rayz look to swat Bees in two-game set - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs Recognized in CHL "Best of the Best" Poll - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers About Town - Tulsa Oilers
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.