Heat Clinch 2014 Calder Cup Playoff Berth
Abbotsford, B.C. - The Abbotsford Heat officially clinched a spot in the 2014 Calder Cup Playoffs Tuesday night, after the ninth placed Rockford IceHogs lost to the Milwaukee Admirals in regulation. With eleven days remaining in the American Hockey League regular season, playoff seeding is not yet completed, and therefore, the Heat do not currently know who their opponent or schedule will be for the opening round. This information will be available after the final day of the regular season, which concludes April 19th. Fans are encouraged to get their playoff tickets as soon as possible, which are on sale now.
Single game tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.ca, over the phone at 1-855-985-5000, at the AESC box office, or purchase into the pay-as-we-play program. Pay-as-we-play, allows fans to secure their seat for every Heat home playoff game, and receive savings off single game pricing. These packages can be purchased by calling 1.877.452.4328.
This season the Heat, who currently have 85 points, can finish no higher than fourth place currently occupied by the Chicago Wolves, who are five points up on the Heat with five games remaining. The Heat could finish no lower than eighth place, currently held by the Rochester Americans at 76 points with six games remaining. The most likely scenario for the Heat, is a fifth or sixth place finish, where they would face either the Chicago Wolves or Toronto Marlies respectively.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2014
- Redeem Unused Tickets for April 16th Game - Utica Comets
- Monarchs first AHL team to compile 100 points - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Shut out Pirates 5-0 - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Holds off Worcester behind LeNeveu, 2-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sharks Fall 2-1 to Hartford After Late Rallying Attempt - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Gain Point in Shootout Loss - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Melt IceCaps 4-3 in Shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Boston Bruins Recall Ryan Spooner from Providence on An Emergency Basis - Providence Bruins
- Andrew Shaw Bobblehead Night Highlights Big Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Recall Patrice Cormier from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Clinch 2014 Calder Cup Playoff Berth - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Honor Keith Tozer April 18 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Anaheim Signs Kerdiles, Megna and Lind; Assign to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning Recall Kristers Gudlevskis from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Ryan Strome Named to 2013-14 AHL All-Rookie Team - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Teemu Pulkkinen and Ryan Sproul Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceCaps' Kichton Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - St. John's IceCaps
- Texas Stars Left Wing Curtis McKenzie Named to 2013-14 AHL All-Rookie Team - Texas Stars
- 2013-14 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- B-Sens & B-Mets Announce Downtown Doubleheader Deal - Binghamton Senators
- Johan Sundstrom Recalled by Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Sign Goaltender Kevin Kapalka to ATO - Rochester Americans
- Osiecki Named Head Coach of 2015 U.S. National Junior Team - Rockford IceHogs
- Sylvester Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pirates Host Monarchs for Final VIP Cup Matchup at Home - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - 2 Weeks Left - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.