Heat and Aces Make Four Player Swap
Abbotsford, BC -
The Abbotsford Heat announced today that they have recalled goaltender Olivier Roy and defenc eman Drew MacKenzie from the Alaska Aces, the Heat's developmental ECHL affiliate.
In a related move, the Heat assigned forwards Zach McKelvie and Jordan Kremyr to Alaska.
Roy, a native of Amqui, Quebec has appeared in 20 games with the Aces this season registering a 13-7- 0 record along with a 2.10 GAA and a .922 save percentage. For Roy, this is his first recall to the Heat since he was traded from Edmonton to Calgary on November 8th, 2013.
MacKenzie, a native of New Canaan, Connecticut has played in 16 games this season for the Heat and recorded five points (1-4-5) and 14 penalty minutes. With the Aces, he has played in 18 games recording 7 points (2-5-7) and eight penalty minutes.
This weekend the Heat will host the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens) on Friday, January 31st and Saturday, February 1st . Friday will feature the next Legends of Hockey night with Frank Mahovlich, who will be available for autographs on the concourse of the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on a first come, first served basis. Friday will also be the second $3 $2 $1 Brew Dog 'N Pop Night of the season. On Saturday night the Heat will be giving away free zamboni coin banks to the first 1,500 fans, courtesy of Vedder Transportation. For tickets please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or visit us online at www.abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2014
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Tokarski Replaces Jones at All-Star Classic - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Pack DCU Center to Kick off Five Game Home Stretch - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Recall Hobbs from Jackals - Binghamton Senators
- Sissons Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Recall Murphy, Assign Szwarz to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Eriksson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat and Aces Make Four Player Swap - Abbotsford Heat
- Blackhawks Recall Pirri - Rockford IceHogs
- Tokarski Named to AHL All-Star Roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- IceCaps' Kichton Added to All-Star Classic Roster - St. John's IceCaps
- Kichton, Whitney, Tokarski Added to AHL All-Star Classic Roster - AHL
- The Polar Vortex Has Met Its Match - Milwaukee Admirals
- Utica's Joacim Eriksson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Hogs Rebound, Win Two against Ads - Rockford IceHogs
- Islanders Send Two to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 'Dogs Begin Six-Game Road Trip this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Last Chance for $7 Tickets - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Post First Perfect Weekend to Tighten Division Standings - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.