Haynes, Stinson Fuel Energy's 117-94 Win Over Utah
DES MOINES, IA - Curtis Stinson's registered his second triple-double in the last three games and reserve Michael Haynes scored 25 points as the Iowa Energy defeated the Utah Flash 117-94 Saturday night.
Iowa bolted out to an early 8-0 lead capped by dunks by Marqus Blakely and Chicago Bulls assignee James Johnson. Center Courtney Sims got in the act early, going 5 of 5 from the field on his way to 11 points in the 1st quarter.
Utah used a strong early 2nd quarter, including a 12-4 run to take a 38-37 lead. Iowa immediately went on a 13-1 run, which featured two monster dunks from Blakely to take a 50-39 lead.
Utah would cut the margin to eight early in the 3rd quarter, but would draw no closer as the Energy coasted to the 23 point victory.
Iowa moves to 23-9 on the season and have been in 1st place in their division for 132 consecutive games.
Stinson's triple-double included 13 points, 16 assists and 10 rebounds. Marqus Blakely added 18 points as he made all nine of his field goal attempts. In his first game with the Energy on Jan 28th, Blakely made all ten of his field goal attempts.
Utah was led by Ronald Dupree's 21 points effort. The loss drops the Flash to 14-14 on the year.
Iowa hosts Dakota on Friday, February 11th and Saturday, February 12th. Benny the Bull, the Chicago Bulls mascot will be in attendance to entertain fans on Saturday night. Tickets are available at www.dahlstickets.com, by calling 564-8550 or at the arena box office.
For more information, visit www.iowanba.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2011
- Skyforce wins battle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Swept By Reno - Idaho Stampede
- Vipers Complete Season Sweep of Thunderbirds - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- T-Birds Drop Second Straight to Vipers - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Wizards Crush the Red Claws - Dakota Wizards
- Landry, Sloan Lead 'Horns Past Stampede, 105-103 - Reno Bighorns
- Flash Drop Second Straight Road Game - Utah Flash
- Haynes, Stinson Fuel Energy's 117-94 Win Over Utah - Iowa Wolves
- Tulsa Falls Short in Texas, 110-94 - Tulsa 66ers
- Daniels' Big Night Propels Legends To Victory - Texas Legends
- Jeremy Lin Recalled by Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Wizards Acquire Center Chris Ayer - Dakota Wizards
- Larry Owens Rejoins Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- BayHawks Out-Shoot Toros - Austin Spurs
- Johnson Returns to Dakota - Dakota Wizards
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Austin Toros Make Trade with Tulsa 66ers - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa Announces Acquisition and Trade of Moses Ehambe for Third Round Draft Pick - Tulsa 66ers
- Bakersfield Wins 3-Point Shoot-Out - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.