Tulsa Announces Acquisition and Trade of Moses Ehambe for Third Round Draft Pick
TULSA, Okla., Feb. 5, 2011- The Tulsa 66ers, proud affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, announced Saturday the acquisition of forward Moses Ehambe. Additionally, Tulsa has announced it has traded Ehambe to the Austin Toros in exchange for a third round pick in the 2011 NBA D-League Draft.
Ehambe most recently played for Ourense in Spain this past season where he played in 16 games, averaging 9.6 points and 2.4 rebounds in 20.8 minutes.
Prior to his stint in Europe, Ehambe played in two seasons for the Tulsa 66ers. During the 2008-09 campaign, he played in 50 games (four starts), averaging 10.1 points and 1.7 rebounds in 19 minutes. In 2009-10, Ehambe played in 50 games (18 starts) and averaged 13 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 27.8 minutes. In those two seasons combined he shot 220-503 (.437) from the 3-point line.
"Moses was a big part of the Tulsa 66ers family the past two seasons and was instrumental in our run to the D-League finals last year," Tulsa 66ers head coach Nate Tibbetts said. "We believe Austin is a great opportunity for Moses to further showcase his talents and we wish him great success with the Toros."
The 66ers (23-7) currently boast the League's best record heading into their next matchup against the Texas Legends in Frisco tonight at 7 p.m. inside Dr. Pepper Arena.
For ticket information and purchases call the Tulsa 66ers business office at (918) 585-8444.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2011
- Skyforce wins battle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Swept By Reno - Idaho Stampede
- Vipers Complete Season Sweep of Thunderbirds - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- T-Birds Drop Second Straight to Vipers - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Wizards Crush the Red Claws - Dakota Wizards
- Landry, Sloan Lead 'Horns Past Stampede, 105-103 - Reno Bighorns
- Flash Drop Second Straight Road Game - Utah Flash
- Haynes, Stinson Fuel Energy's 117-94 Win Over Utah - Iowa Wolves
- Tulsa Falls Short in Texas, 110-94 - Tulsa 66ers
- Daniels' Big Night Propels Legends To Victory - Texas Legends
- Jeremy Lin Recalled by Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Wizards Acquire Center Chris Ayer - Dakota Wizards
- Larry Owens Rejoins Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- BayHawks Out-Shoot Toros - Austin Spurs
- Johnson Returns to Dakota - Dakota Wizards
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Austin Toros Make Trade with Tulsa 66ers - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa Announces Acquisition and Trade of Moses Ehambe for Third Round Draft Pick - Tulsa 66ers
- Bakersfield Wins 3-Point Shoot-Out - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.