Gwinnett Stripers Award $2,500 July Grant to Gwinnett Coalition
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The Gwinnett Stripers, in conjunction with the Atlanta Braves Foundation, have awarded their $2,500 July grant to the Gwinnett Coalition and its Gwinnett Veterans Resource Center.
The Gwinnett Veterans Resource Center (GVRC) seeks to meet the needs of veterans and their military families by providing information, referrals, and resources in a welcoming environment that honors their service and sacrifice to our country.
The Stripers selected the Gwinnett Coalition to receive the July "Military" themed grant. The $2,500 grant will be utilized by the Gwinnett Coalition in the GVRC's Gift Card Program. To address food insecurity and prevent loss of transportation (which can cause job loss), the GVRC assists veterans and their families with gift cards to purchase food and gas. Veterans who receive gift cards for specific purchases are required to submit receipts showing that the card was used for the purpose for which it was given.
"We are grateful to the Gwinnett Stripers for this generous contribution to our efforts to help Gwinnett veterans in need," said Renee Byrd-Lewis, Executive Director of Gwinnett Coalition. "Everyone needs the basics, like food and gas, a roof over their head, to be safe, to belong, and to live to their full potential. Those who've served our country have sacrificed so much and when our veterans fall on hard times, we owe it to them to step in and give them the support they need. Thanks to this grant we will be able to connect more veterans and their families to a wealth of resources that will enable them to thrive."
Representatives from the Gwinnett Coalition received the grant from the Stripers during the "Red, White, & BOOM Patriotic Celebration" on July 9.
For more information on the Gwinnett Coalition, including how you can make a donation, visit www.gwinnettcoalition.org.
About the Gwinnett Stripers Grant Program: The Stripers will award four $2,500 grants to different nonprofits in 2021, with each month focusing on a different category of nonprofit organizations aligning with the Atlanta Braves Foundation's pillars of "Live, Learn, Play, and Serve." The four categories are Service-oriented programs (June), Military programs (July), Youth programs (August), and Health and Wellness programs (September). Grant applications were collected through May 14. Each grant recipient will be recognized during a Stripers home game at Coolray Field in 2021.
For more information on the Grant Program and all other Stripers community initiatives, visit GoStripers.com/community.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from July 22, 2021
- Late Game Heroics Again, Saints Score Three in Ninth for 7-5 Win over Storm Chasers - St. Paul Saints
- Buffalo Uses Seven-Run Eighth Inning to Top Syracuse, 10-4, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Blanked by Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs fall to WooSox on Thursday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Bash Knights 5-3 - Durham Bulls
- History: Redbirds Win Their 12th Straight Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds and Jumbo Shrimp Postponed - Nashville Sounds
- Jumbo Shrimp, Sounds Rained out Thursday - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-33) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (37-29) - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: July 22, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Columbus Uses Three Solo Home Runs to Defeat I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Tides to Host a Second "The Office" Night on August 25 - Featuring Creed Bratton - Norfolk Tides
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - July 22, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 2021 Bisons Tickets on Sale Monday: All Games Only $10 - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett Stripers Award $2,500 July Grant to Gwinnett Coalition - Gwinnett Stripers
- July 22 Game Notes: Iowa at Columbus - Iowa Cubs
- Bats Break No-No Late, Fizzle in 7th - Louisville Bats
- Saints Spoil Witt Jr.'s Sensational Night; Chasers Fail to Complete Comeback - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers Award $2,500 July Grant to Gwinnett Coalition
- Homestand Highlights: Two Giveaways Headline Series vs. Norfolk
- Stripers Gain Extra Homestand as Season Extended 10 Games
- Homestand Highlights: Fireworks Extravaganza, Specialty Jerseys and Cap Giveaway Headline Patriotic Weekend
- Gwinnett Stripers Award $2,500 June Grant to Impact46