RailRiders Blanked by Rochester
MOOSIC, Pa. (July 21, 2021) - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders fell to the Rochester Red Wings 9-0 on Thursday night at PNC Field. The game marked the third shutout loss of the season for the RailRiders.
Rochester took the lead three batters into the game on an RBI single by Jake Noll. Later in the frame, Brandon Snyder connected for a three-run home run off Matt Krook to run the Red Wings lead to 4-0.
Krook (2-2) battled through 5.0 innings, allowing seven runs on nine hits while walking one and striking out one. He allowed two home runs in the game, both to Snyder.
The RailRiders offense was stymied by Red Wings pitchers throughout the first eight innings, mustering only two hits, both doubles from Armando Alvarez. The third baseman finished 2-for-4 with his two doubles, the only SWB player to record multiple hits.
Brian Keller allowed two runs in an inning of work following Krook, but Nick Green came in after and turned in a terrific outing to close out the game. In his first game back with the RailRiders, Green allowed only one hit and no walks while striking out two in three innings of work
In the bottom of the ninth Thomas Milone stroked a one-out single to right against Gabe Klobotsis, but that was all Scranton/Wilkes-Barre could muster. SWB's three hits are the fewest collected by the team in a nine-inning game this season.
Ben Braymer (2-6) allowed only one run in 5.0 innings of work for the win, while four Red Wings relievers finished off the shutout.
The RailRiders continue their series with the Red Wings on Friday night at PNC Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. RHP Glenn Otto (0-0, 4.15) takes on the bump for SWB, while Rochester counters with LHP Matt Tomshaw, who makes his Red Wings debut. For tickets and more information, call (570) 969-BALL or slide to www.swbrailriders.com/tickets.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from July 22, 2021
- Late Game Heroics Again, Saints Score Three in Ninth for 7-5 Win over Storm Chasers - St. Paul Saints
- Buffalo Uses Seven-Run Eighth Inning to Top Syracuse, 10-4, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Blanked by Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs fall to WooSox on Thursday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Bash Knights 5-3 - Durham Bulls
- History: Redbirds Win Their 12th Straight Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds and Jumbo Shrimp Postponed - Nashville Sounds
- Jumbo Shrimp, Sounds Rained out Thursday - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-33) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (37-29) - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: July 22, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Columbus Uses Three Solo Home Runs to Defeat I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Tides to Host a Second "The Office" Night on August 25 - Featuring Creed Bratton - Norfolk Tides
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - July 22, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 2021 Bisons Tickets on Sale Monday: All Games Only $10 - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett Stripers Award $2,500 July Grant to Gwinnett Coalition - Gwinnett Stripers
- July 22 Game Notes: Iowa at Columbus - Iowa Cubs
- Bats Break No-No Late, Fizzle in 7th - Louisville Bats
- Saints Spoil Witt Jr.'s Sensational Night; Chasers Fail to Complete Comeback - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.