Gulf Coast Swords Information Available
December 1, 2004 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. Information on the newest ECHL team, the Gulf Coast Swords, is now available online at DVASports.com.
DVASports.com has information on the $70 million, 7,400-seat facility being built on a 60-acre tract in the northwest quadrant of Lakewood Ranch, located on Florida's west coast between Bradenton and Sarasota as well as ticket information, including an arena seating chart.
The Swords are the ECHL membership that played in Columbus, Ga. from 2002-04 and in Norfolk, Va. from 1989-2000. In April 2004, the ECHL Board of Governors approved a Voluntary Suspension Request and a Transfer of Home Territory request from the membership, allowing it to relocate to Florida.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2004
- Miles Claims Reebok Hockey ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Reading Royals
- Steelheads add one, lose four - Idaho Steelheads
- Teddy Bear Toss on Sunday - San Diego Gulls
- November Web Site Traffic Is Highest Ever - ECHL
- Condors update - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Tis The Season For Players and Staff Appearances - San Diego Gulls
- Salmon Kings Waive David Brumby - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Reading's Miles Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Mississippi Announces Top Players In November - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Allen returns to Titans - Trenton Devils
- Bombers Add Assistant Coach To Staff - Dayton Bombers
- Rivermen to Host Wheeling This Friday & Sunday - Peoria Rivermen
- Gulf Coast Swords Information Available - ECHL
- Ice Pilots announce Broadcaster for a Night contest - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Fortununs Recalled to Aeros - Louisiana IceGators
- Nailers teach local students hockey skills - Wheeling Nailers
- Chiodo brings NHL experience to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.