Grizzlies Invite Gary Coleman To Drop Puck Monday
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies have invited actor Gary Coleman to drop the puck prior to Monday's game against Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m.
Coleman, best known for his work in the television show Diff'rent Strokes, has been going through some tough times lately after being arrested again in Utah County over the weekend and recently settling a civil suit following an incident and arrest in September, 2008 at a Payson, Utah bowling alley.
The organization has reached out to his agent and attorney in an attempt to bring him to the E-Center and is hopeful to have him in attendance Monday for a ceremonial first puck drop.
"Gary has struggled a bit since his move to Utah, but we'd like to take this opportunity to introduce him to Grizzlies hockey," said Grizzlies Vice President of Communications and Broadcasting Adrian Denny. "He had a fan bail him out of jail Monday and as fans of him and Diff'rent Strokes, we'd like to show him a great night of hockey entertainment and take that opportunity to wish him all the best. His most recent set of circumstances was also the most viewed story at www.sltrib.com for over 24 hours, so we know he would be a nice addition to the pre-game festivities for our fans."
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2010
- Salmon Kings Endure Whirlwind Thursday - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings And Heat Swap Goaltenders - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Cyclones Have Mike McLean Recalled By Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Walsky From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Grizzlies Invite Gary Coleman To Drop Puck Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Popular ''Teddy Bear Toss'' Event Returns Saturday - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- K-Wings Eating With The Big Dogs - Kalamazoo Wings
- T.J. Fox On Power Hour - Wheeling Nailers
- Charlie Kronschnabel Loaned To Syracuse - Reading Royals
- Walleye Sign Two Defensemen - Toledo Walleye
- Date Of Upcoming Road Game Changed - Johnstown Chiefs
- Walleye Game Time Changes In March - Toledo Walleye
- Higgins Recalled By AHL Syracuse - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Add Bryan Leitch - Toledo Walleye
- Devils Win Goaltending Spectacle - Trenton Devils
- Condors Comeback Again, Victimize Alaska 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Fall To Thunder - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder Rise To Fourth In Conference Behind Season-Best Offensive Effort - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Earn Point In Bako - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.