Grizzlies Complete Regular Season Friday, Saturday At Home
The Grizzlies return home for their final two games of the regular season Friday and Saturday. The Grizzlies will mathematically clinch a playoff berth following the next Phoenix loss or their next win.
The Grizzlies will play Idaho in the first round if:
Utah defeats Alaska in regulation both games this weekend and if Idaho defeats Phoenix in three of four games.
Utah defeats Alaska once in regulation and Idaho takes four-straight games from Phoenix Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in Boise.
Utah will play Alaska in the first round if:
Utah does not defeat the Aces in either game this weekend and/or Idaho wins two games or less against Phoenix.
The Next Grizzlies Win Will:
Give them a minimum of their third .500 or better season in the last four years since joining the ECHL and their third playoff berth in the last four years.
Tim Verbeek had one goal and four assists in three games last week.
Andy Sertich has 23 shots on goal in his last four games and is second in the ECHL among defensemen with 182 shots. However, Sertich has been playing left wing the last two games. He was drafted as a forward by Pittsburgh in 2002.
Grizzlies At The E-Center
Utah is 4-1-0-1 in their last six games at the E-Center.
Utah is 6-0-0-1 in their last seven games when scoring first.
Last Year's Finish
The Grizzlies finished the regular season in 2007-2008 by taking two of three games from the Stockton Thunder on their way to the conference finals.
The Aces haven't been at the E-Center since October 24 and 25 when the Grizzlies split two games with them during their home opening weekend.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2009
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Royals Host Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet - Reading Royals
- Checkers Come Unglued, Falling To Sea Wolves, 5-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Final Forty Minutes All Sea Wolves As Pack Makes Incredible Comeback - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Concludes 2008-09 Season with Four-Game Series at Idaho - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Condors Kids Club Party Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder In Playoffs, Pursues Home Ice - Stockton Thunder
- Off The Hook: Steelheads Update - Idaho Steelheads
- North Division Comes Down To Final Week - ECHL
- SEA WOLVES WEEKLY - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Grizzlies Complete Regular Season Friday, Saturday At Home - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Condors in second place with Lucky 7's in weekend wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Announce First Round Playoff Dates - Idaho Steelheads
- Rowe and Del Monte Return from AHL - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Concludes Mid-Season Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Devils sweep through three in the Buckeye State, can clinch playoff spot Wednesday - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones One Point Out Of First - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiefs Fall In Reading - Johnstown Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.