Rowe and Del Monte Return from AHL
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. - The Johnstown Chiefs, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Colorado Avalanche and Columbus Blue Jackets, and the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters and Syracuse Crunch, announced today that team captain Randy Rowe and rookie all-star center Ryan Del Monte have been returned to the team by the Monsters.
In his fourth year with the Chiefs, Rowe has continued his strong offensive production with 11 goals and 17 assists in 30 games. That was prior to his call-up to the Monsters on Dec. 30, 2008. The Burford, Ontario native made his Monsters debut that same night against the Houston Aeros in Houston and scored the game-winning goal in the 6-2 victory. Rowe went on to skate in 37 games for the Monsters and produced six goals and seven assists in the most productive AHL stint of his career. In 74 American League games between St. Johns, Springfield, and Lake Erie Rowe has tallied 11 goals and 12 assists.
Del Monte had been the only Chief to skate in every game this season until he was loaned to Lake Erie on March 25. In his rookie season out of Brock University (CIS), Del Monte has been a huge asset to the Chiefs. He ranks second on the team in scoring with 47 points and 31 assists, and leads the team with a plus-21 rating in 66 games. Del Monte's first AHL stint lasted three games and he earned two assists during his time with Lake Erie. He had the helper on the game-winning goal at Rochester on March 27, and followed that by assisting on Lake Erie's third goal of the first period against Syracuse the very next night. The 25-year-old center represented the Chiefs at the ECHL All-Star Game in Reading on Jan. 21 but did not register a point.
Rowe and Del Monte are expected to be in the line up when the Chiefs travel to Cincinnati for their final three regular season games of 2008-09.
Don't forget that Chiefs 2009 Kelly Cup Playoff ticket packages are on sale right now. There are discounted packages available for season and non-season ticket holders alike. For more information, or to purchase your Chiefs playoff ticket package, call the Chiefs front office at 814-539-1799.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2009
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Royals Host Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet - Reading Royals
- Checkers Come Unglued, Falling To Sea Wolves, 5-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Final Forty Minutes All Sea Wolves As Pack Makes Incredible Comeback - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Concludes 2008-09 Season with Four-Game Series at Idaho - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Condors Kids Club Party Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder In Playoffs, Pursues Home Ice - Stockton Thunder
- Off The Hook: Steelheads Update - Idaho Steelheads
- North Division Comes Down To Final Week - ECHL
- SEA WOLVES WEEKLY - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Grizzlies Complete Regular Season Friday, Saturday At Home - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Condors in second place with Lucky 7's in weekend wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Announce First Round Playoff Dates - Idaho Steelheads
- Rowe and Del Monte Return from AHL - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Concludes Mid-Season Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Devils sweep through three in the Buckeye State, can clinch playoff spot Wednesday - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones One Point Out Of First - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiefs Fall In Reading - Johnstown Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.