Royals Host Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL today hosted the eighth annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center. The event featured presentations by General Manager Gordon Kaye, Head Coach Larry Courville, and Captain Dinos Stamoulis. The awards ceremony kicked off with the General Manager's Award, which was presented to Ron Gassert of the Beiber Tourways, the Royals' team bus driver, who was recognized for his exceptional service for the team. The evening concluded with an auction of the V&M Towing Warm-up jerseys with the proceeds going to Royals Charities.
The Fans' Choice Awards themselves were given out as follows: (i) Offensive Player of the Year Presented by Nathaniel Ehrlich, Esq.: Brock Hooton; (ii) Rookie of the Year Presented by The Works at Wyomissing: Dan Rudisuela; (iii) Heart Award Presented by Cardiology Associates of West Reading: Chris Stevens (iv) Unsung Hero Presented by Freymoyer's Hotel & Restaurant: Matt Curley; (v) Defensive Player of the Year Presented by V&M Towing: Tim Branham; (vi) Community Service Award Presented by United Way of Berks County: Dan Rudisuela; (vii) Most Valuable Player Presented by Auto Spa of Wyomissing: Kirk MacDonald; (viii) Scrapper of the Year Presented by Empire Wrecking: Scott Langdon; (ix) Ironman Award Presented by Hair on the Avenue: Dinos Stamoulis; and (x) Fans Choice Award Presented by the Reading Eagle: Dan Rudisuela.
The Royals travel to First Arena in Elmira, New York on Wednesday (April 1 @ 7:35 pm) to take on the Elmira Jackals in Reading's final away game of the year. Wednesday's game will be broadcast live on the Royals Radio Network Presented by Transmissions by Arbogast (True Oldies WRAW 1340 am in Reading; and The Ticket WLAN 1390 am in Lancaster), as well as on the internet via webcast hosted by Sportsjuice.com, which can be accessed through the Royals website. To become a part of Royals hockey, call 610-898-PUCK or log onto www.royalshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2009
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Royals Host Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet - Reading Royals
- Checkers Come Unglued, Falling To Sea Wolves, 5-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Final Forty Minutes All Sea Wolves As Pack Makes Incredible Comeback - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Concludes 2008-09 Season with Four-Game Series at Idaho - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Condors Kids Club Party Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder In Playoffs, Pursues Home Ice - Stockton Thunder
- Off The Hook: Steelheads Update - Idaho Steelheads
- North Division Comes Down To Final Week - ECHL
- SEA WOLVES WEEKLY - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Grizzlies Complete Regular Season Friday, Saturday At Home - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Condors in second place with Lucky 7's in weekend wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Announce First Round Playoff Dates - Idaho Steelheads
- Rowe and Del Monte Return from AHL - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Concludes Mid-Season Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Devils sweep through three in the Buckeye State, can clinch playoff spot Wednesday - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones One Point Out Of First - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiefs Fall In Reading - Johnstown Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals Put in Complete Effort to Take Two of Three from Growlers
- Royals Look to Take Two of Three against Growlers at 5:30
- Cressey Gets Three Points in Win over League Leaders
- Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers