Steelheads Announce First Round Playoff Dates
Boise, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads will begin its quest for the ECHL's Kelly Cup at home on Saturday, Apr. 11, the club announced today. Though several scenarios could still play out this week to determine seeding in the National Conference, West Division, Idaho has secured at least second place and home ice advantage for the 2009 ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs, Presented by RC Willey.
The top two teams from each division open the best-of-seven, first round series, with Games 1 and 2 at home, Games 3, 4 and 5 at the lower seeded team's home ice, and Games 6 and 7 (if necessary) back at home.
The Steelheads will host Games 1 and 2 on Saturday, Apr. 11 at 7:10 pm MT and Sunday, Apr. 12 at 5:10 pm MT at Qwest Arena. Ticket prices range from $7 junior/senior | $10 adult to $32.50 for adult premiere seating, plus convenience fees. Special $10 tickets, plus convenience fees, are available for the Easter Sunday game.
Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, Apr. 1 at 10 am and can be purchased by calling 331-TIXS, by visiting www.idahosteelheads.com (using the print-at-home feature), or by stopping by the Qwest Arena box office. For groups or to guarantee the best seats with a playoff package, please call 383-0080.
Idaho vs TBD
Game 1 4/11 Saturday 7:10 pm MT TBD @ Idaho
Game 2 4/12 Sunday 5:10 pm MT TBD @ Idaho
Game 3 TBD
Game 4 TBD
Game 5 TBD
Game 6 4/21 Tuesday 7:10 pm MT TBD @ Idaho(if nec.)
Game 7 4/22 Wednesday 7:10 pm MT TBD @ Idaho (if nec.)
With today's standings, Idaho as a second seed, would open against the third-seeded Victoria Salmon Kings. The first-placed Alaska Aces would open against the fourth-seeded Utah Grizzlies. The team will announce its opponent and away dates once seeding has been determined.
Idaho has reached the Kelly Cup Playoffs all six years and became only the second expansion team in league history to capture the Kelly Cup championship in 2003-04 and became the second two-time Kelly Cup winner in 2007.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2009
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Royals Host Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet - Reading Royals
- Checkers Come Unglued, Falling To Sea Wolves, 5-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Final Forty Minutes All Sea Wolves As Pack Makes Incredible Comeback - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Concludes 2008-09 Season with Four-Game Series at Idaho - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Condors Kids Club Party Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder In Playoffs, Pursues Home Ice - Stockton Thunder
- Off The Hook: Steelheads Update - Idaho Steelheads
- North Division Comes Down To Final Week - ECHL
- SEA WOLVES WEEKLY - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Grizzlies Complete Regular Season Friday, Saturday At Home - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Condors in second place with Lucky 7's in weekend wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Announce First Round Playoff Dates - Idaho Steelheads
- Rowe and Del Monte Return from AHL - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Concludes Mid-Season Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Devils sweep through three in the Buckeye State, can clinch playoff spot Wednesday - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones One Point Out Of First - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiefs Fall In Reading - Johnstown Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.