Grizzlies Acquire Paul McIlveen from Cincinnati
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Colley announced today that the team has acquired forward Paul McIlveen from the Cincinnati Cyclones to complete an earlier trade that sent Dylan Hunter east.
McIlveen had five goals and three assists for eight points and a plus-five in nine games with the Cyclones this season after being acquired from Greenville where he had four goals and nine assists for 13 points in 37 games.
The 24-year-old spent last season in Europe where he played in the DEL, which is the top league overseas with Wolfsburg Grizzly Adams. Prior to that, he played from 2007-2009 in the ECHL. In 2008-2009 with Elmira and South Carolina, he had 22 goals and 33 assists for 55 points in 64 games. In his rookie season in 2007-2008, he had 11 goals and 23 assists for 34 points in 57 games with the Stingrays.
He also played in 25 ECHL playoff games from 2007-2009 and had five goals and 10 assists. In addition, in 2008-2009 he played two AHL games with Binghamton and one with Norfolk.
The Grizzlies return home to open a six-game home stand Friday and Saturday to host Ontario at 7:05 p.m. each evening.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2011
- LA Kings Alumni to Play on Reign Home Ice - Ontario Reign
- Condors Weekly: Condors Sweep Stockton in Home-And-Home Series - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors in the Community: Blood Drive Month Kicks off Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 28 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Acquire Paul McIlveen from Cincinnati - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho Releases Pair of Forwards - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Open Six-Game Home Stand Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones, Utah Complete Earlier Trade - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Play Important Four Game Stretch This Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Resurgent Jackals sweep weekend action - ECHL
- ECHL Shop Offers Limited Edition Luke Curtin Autographed Jerseys - ECHL
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Grab Four Points Over Everblades on Pack the House Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jessiman Becomes 464th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Busy Week for K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Toledo's Fletcher Suspended - ECHL
- Stingrays Forward Hauswirth Traded to Florida Panthers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Toledo Walleye Playoff Tickets On Sale Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Notes: a Weekly Recap - Wheeling Nailers
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Late Jackals Goal Takes Bite out of Devils - Trenton Devils
- Aces Fall to Wranglers 3-2 in Shootout - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.