Greensboro Defeated by Maine
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, suffered a 144-107 defeat to the Maine Celtics (Boston Celtics affiliate) on Tuesday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The Swarm was led by Kai Jones who scored 25 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for his 13th double-double of the season.
The Celtics (15-15) jumped to an early lead, outscoring the Swarm 47-27 in the first quarter.
Maine's Chris Clemons had 22 points in the quarter by going 7-of-11 from the field, including three 3-pointers. Clemons had 31 points at half and his stat line for the night ended at 41 points, four assists and three rebounds in 34 minutes.
After securing the early lead, Maine held its double-digit lead for the remainder of the game.
Overall, the Celtics shot 55 percent as a team and hit 14 3-pointers. Denzel Valentine recorded a triple-double of 18 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in 36 minutes. Deonte Burton had a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds in 32 minutes.
For Greensboro (9-22), Jones maintained his recent high-level of play. The Hornets assignment player has secured a double-double in three of his last for games with the Swarm. Jones has scored at least in eight games this season.
Two-way player Arnoldas Kulboka was terrific offensively, hitting four 3-pointers on the way to 28 points. James Bouknight had 12 points and Scottie Lewis scored 10 points to account for the remaining Greensboro players in double figures.
The Swarm and Celtics meet again on Thursday, March 31, at 7:00 p.m. ET. The game concludes the 2021-22 home slate for Greensboro. The regular season comes to an end on Saturday, April 2, when the Swarm head to Raptors 905 (Toronto Raptors affiliate) for a 2:00 p.m. ET contest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Drop Home Game to Birmingham Squadron, 114-106 - Iowa Wolves
- Squadron Clinch Playoff Berth with Win over Wolves - Birmingham Squadron
- Clemons' Hot Start Carries Maine - Maine Celtics
- Long Island Nets Conclude Women's History Month with Celebration at Nassau Coliseum - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Defeated by Maine - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Secure 111-103 Win against Gold - Grand Rapids Gold
- Charge Nicked by Knicks - Cleveland Charge
- Windy City Falls to College Park - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Stumbles against Skyhawks - Windy City Bulls
- Jerome Robinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week for Games Played March 21-27 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- NBA G League News & Notes: March 29 - G League
- Pelicans Sign Jared Harper to Two-Way Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Blue Coats Close out Series with Cruise on Tuesday Morning - Delaware Blue Coats
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Lifts Agua Caliente over South Bay - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.