Windy City Stumbles against Skyhawks
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO, the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, fell to the College Park Skyhawks 127-110 Sunday afternoon at NOW Arena. Chicago Bulls Two-Way forward Tyler Cook notched a double-double with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
Windy City's Daniel Oturu also recorded a double-double, coming off the bench to provide 14 points and 11 rebounds. Devon Dotson and Henri Drell scored 17 points apiece for Windy City. Dotson also dished out five assists, and Drell grabbed nine rebounds.
Chicago Bulls Two-Way forward Malcolm Hill provided 14 points and five rebounds. Ethan Thompson was the sixth Windy City player to score in double figures, finishing with 13 points.
College Park had three players record double-doubles. First, Cat Barber finished with 28 points and 14 assists. Next, Justin Tillman scored 22 points and 11 rebounds, while Marcus Georges-Hunt put up 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Skyhawks stormed out of the gates, jumping out to a 40-24 lead after the opening period. Windy City cut the deficit to six points late in the second quarter before College Park pushed its lead to 11 points heading into halftime.
The Bulls surged again midway through the fourth period, but Windy City wasn't able to get closer than seven points behind the Skyhawks.
With the loss, Windy City is officially eliminated from playoff contention and sits at 14-18 in the regular season. The Skyhawks improved to 17-13 following the victory.
Next, the Bulls are set to travel to New York to play the Long Island Nets on Tuesday, March 29. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
For tickets or more team information, please visit WindyCityBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Drop Home Game to Birmingham Squadron, 114-106 - Iowa Wolves
- Squadron Clinch Playoff Berth with Win over Wolves - Birmingham Squadron
- Clemons' Hot Start Carries Maine - Maine Celtics
- Long Island Nets Conclude Women's History Month with Celebration at Nassau Coliseum - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Defeated by Maine - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Secure 111-103 Win against Gold - Grand Rapids Gold
- Charge Nicked by Knicks - Cleveland Charge
- Windy City Falls to College Park - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Stumbles against Skyhawks - Windy City Bulls
- Jerome Robinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week for Games Played March 21-27 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- NBA G League News & Notes: March 29 - G League
- Pelicans Sign Jared Harper to Two-Way Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Blue Coats Close out Series with Cruise on Tuesday Morning - Delaware Blue Coats
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Lifts Agua Caliente over South Bay - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.