GreenJackets, SRP Federal Credit Union & WOW Internet, Cable & Phone to Host Back to School Drive
NORTH AUGUSTA, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, in conjunction with SRP Federal Credit Union and WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW), a leading broadband and communications service provider, are excited to host the first Back to School Drive at SRP Park on Sunday, August 12th. The Back to School Drive will go to benefit the United Way of the CSRA.
The GreenJackets in partnership with SRP Federal Credit Union and WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone are calling for the CSRA to come out to SRP Park ready to donate back to school supplies for students in need. Fans that bring school supplies to the GreenJackets game, will be entered to win a multitude of prizes that range from tickets to a future GreenJackets game to gift cards/gift certificates up to $250.
"As a new arrival to the region, I am excited to see the outpouring of support from the local community for those in need of assistance. We are delighted for this new partnership with the Augusta GreenJackets and hope it is the beginning of many future collaborations" stated the United Way of the CSRA President and CEO, Brittany Burnett.
Items the United Way of CSRA are collecting during the Back to School Drive at SRP Park include:
* Pencils, Pens, Colored Pencils, Markers, Crayons
* Glue/Glue Sticks
* Paper/Graph Paper
* Pencil Pouches/Boxes
* Lunch Boxes
"SRP is proud to be a part of the inaugural back to school drive to benefit the United Way of the CSRA. All of our branch locations are collecting supplies to help support local children in our area. We encourage all of our members and others in the community to make a donation to this worthy cause," said Grace Helms, Assistant Vice President of Community Development for SRP Federal Credit Union.
"WOW! employees have a close connection to CRSA schools and we recognize and reward the outstanding teachers that go above and beyond during GreenJackets' games each month," stated James Phillips, system manager at WOW!. "Partnering with the GreenJackets and SRP to focus on students in need was a natural extension of our support for the teachers, their students and the community in Augusta.
Fans that would like to participate but cannot make it to the Sunday, August 12th game, can drop off donations in advance to:
* The Box Office/Hive Pro Shop at SRP Park leading up to the game
* Any of the 16 SRP Federal Credit Union Locations
* WOW!'s Augusta Office
"We want to thank our partners at SRP Federal Credit Union and WOW! for helping to organize this great Back to School Drive to aid the Stuff the Bus Campaign of the United Way of the CSRA," stated GreenJackets Vice President Tom Denlinger. "This is a huge community initiative and we look forward to packing SRP Park with school supplies on the 12th!"
The Back to School Drive is a fun addition to another great evening planned at SRP Park. The GreenJackets will be facing off against the Greenville Drive (Boston Red Sox) at 5:05 (Gates at 3:30PM). This is a Junior Jackets Sunday where members get in for FREE! Any child 12 and under can join for FREE and get in for FREE! Not a member? Join today by visiting www.greenjacketsbaseball.com/juniorjackets. Come and Orange Out SRP Park as the GreenJackets sport the SF Giants Uniforms. It is a Sunday Funday at SRP Park where the GreenJackets will pay homage to a classical baseball movie in its 25th anniversary, The Sandlot. Fans are encouraged to get to the game early for a special pre-game concert beginning at 3:30PM by: First Baptist Church of North Augusta. Pre-game all fans can play catch on the field from 4:00pm - 4:30 and post-game kids can run the bases courtesy of Moe's! Then stay after post-game as we air the movie Sandlot.
Tickets start at only $8. To learn more or purchase your tickets visit www.greenjacketsbaseball.com/tickets
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 1, 2018
- Drive Drop a Pair to Tourists on Wednesday - Greenville Drive
- Schilling Spearheads Shutout as Tourists Take Two - Asheville Tourists
- Comeback Claws Strike Again - Lakewood Scores Three in Eighth, Tops Delmarva 7-5 for Sixth Straight Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Moreno's Mid-Game Spark Keys Columbia Win - Columbia Fireflies
- Cubilete's Quality Start Spoiled in 3-1 Loss to Columbia - West Virginia Power
- GreenJackets Lap Intimidators - Augusta GreenJackets
- West Virginia Power: Promotional Notes (August 2-5) - West Virginia Power
- Hall Garners Pitcher of the Month Award - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 1 vs. West Virginia (Game 105) - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Walk-Off Legends in Tenth - Hagerstown Suns
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (August 1) - West Virginia Power
- Crawdads Finish Sweep of Charleston - Hickory Crawdads
- Yajure Solid Again as Crawdads' Pair Enough to Sweep RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- Lexington Legends Drop Series to Hagerstown Suns - Lexington Legends
- GreenJackets, SRP Federal Credit Union & WOW Internet, Cable & Phone to Host Back to School Drive - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shorebirds Present Donation to Operation We Care - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Today's Doubleheader Canceled - Rome Braves
- Lexington Legends to Host Barstool Sports Rough N' Rowdy 5 - Lexington Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.