GreenJackets Announce 2010 Home Opener
Augusta, GA - The Augusta GreenJackets will take the field for the first time in 2010 at Lake Olmstead Stadium on Friday April 16th when they begin a four-game series with the Charleston RiverDogs.
Portions of the GreenJackets 2010 schedule were announced today by General Manager Nick Brown with complete details to come later in the off-season once they become final.
The Jackets will open the 2010 campaign on the road with four games each against the Greensboro Grasshoppers and the Savannah Sand Gnats beginning on Thursday April 8th at NewBridge Bank Park in Greensboro before heading back to Augusta for their home opener.
Features of the schedule include ten Thirsty Thursday games, 31 weekend games (Friday-Sunday) and a more balanced slate that includes games against every other team in the league. With the loss of the Bowling Green Hot Rods and Lake County Captains to the Midwest League next season, the South Atlantic League will reduce slightly to 14 teams and the GreenJackets will play at least one series against each of the other 13. This season, the Jackets didn't play either the Delmarva Shorebirds or the Lakewood BlueClaws.
Augusta will host action on Memorial Day against the Rome Braves and on July 3rd when they'll celebrate Independence Day by wrapping up a series against the RiverDogs. The South Atlantic League All-Star Break will be held June 21st-23rd with the midsummer festivities taking place at Fluor Field, the home of the Greenville Drive. The GreenJackets wrap up the home portion of their 2010 slate on Saturday August 28th against the West Virginia Power.
"We feel this is a schedule our fans will enjoy because while it emphasizes geographical rivalries, they'll be able to see the GreenJackets play a wider variety of competition," Brown said. "We also like it because there are plenty of prime dates on the weekends for families and opportunities for Holiday weekend outings."
Game times, promotional dates and the full schedule will be released as soon as the details are finalized this fall. Individual game tickets for the full slate will go on sale later in the spring while season tickets are currently on sale with 2009 season ticket holders getting first priority on renewing their season seats. To renew your 2009 GreenJackets season tickets or inquire about becoming a season seat holder for 2010, contact your GreenJackets Account Representative at (706) 922-WINS.
The GreenJackets return home Monday August 31st to open a three-game series against the Sand Gnats. First pitch will come at 7:05 from Lake Olmstead Stadium. You may purchase seats to both games and every home game by calling 706-922-WINS or online at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Legends win final home game of 2009 - Lexington Legends
- Power take rubber match from Crawdads - West Virginia Power
- Suns score five straight to win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Drive end August with one-run loss to Legends, 3-2 - Greenville Drive
- Crawdads edged 4-2 by Power - Hickory Crawdads
- Braves hold off Dogs, 2-0 - Rome Braves
- Delgado masters Charleston, 2-0 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Kannapolis loses again in Greensboro, 4-2 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Gnats-GreenJackets Postponed - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Key break helps Jackets avoid sweep - Augusta GreenJackets
- Dusty Wathan and Anthony Gose on SAL All-Star Team - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Trio of RiverDogs Named to SAL Postseason All-Star Team - Charleston RiverDogs
- Luke Prihoda Named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Charleston RiverDogs
- GreenJackets Announce 2010 Home Opener - Augusta GreenJackets
- Mazzola Earns SAL All-Star Honors - Augusta GreenJackets
- South Atlantic League Announces 2009 Annual All-Star Team - SAL
- Morrison named to 2009 SAL Annual All-Star Team - Hickory Crawdads
- Aristil Goes the Distance: Tourists Win 7-0 - Asheville Tourists
- Tourists Pacheco, Robinson Honored By South Atlantic League - Asheville Tourists
- Hot Rods shut out in series finale with Asheville, 7-0 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Augusta GreenJackets Stories
- GreenJackets Awarded the Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- : Jackets Season Ends in Lexington
- Playoff Notes: Game 2, SALSCS at Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Lexington Takes Game #1 with 2-1 Victory
- Playoff Notes: Game 1, SALSCS vs Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., SRP Park