Green Bay Splits Final Set with Woodchucks
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah were unable to square up the Wisconsin Woodchucks starter Brett Wicklund as he pitched a complete game on Sunday afternoon to beat the Booyah 5-1.
The lone run scored for Green Bay on Sunday came in the fourth inning when the Booyah loaded the bases with one down. Columbia's Weston Eberly picked up the only RBI on a fielder's choice, scoring Nick Kreutzer. The Booyah couldn't find a way to scratch any more runs across on Wicklund however, who became the first Woodchucks pitcher to throw a complete game in 2020. Green Bay fell to 17-25 overall, but still hold a game lead over Rockford for the final playoff spot.
On the bump, Northwestern freshman Jack Sauser went six innings, giving up two runs, only one of which was earned. The right hander picked up three strikeouts, walking just two Woodchuck batters. The six innings from Sauser made it his longest outing of the season, but he fell to 2-2 overall. Bobby Dorta came in for the seventh and eighth, letting in three earned runs in the seventh off of three hits, all of which were singles. Green Bay had one error defensively.
The Booyah attempt to get back in the win column tomorrow as they head to Fond du Lac to take on the Dock Spiders for the final two times this season. Green Bay will turn to Millersville's Jacob Paulishak, who will be making his first start of the year. Paulishak comes in without a record, and a 6.87 ERA. First pitch from Herr-Baker field is scheduled for 6:35pm.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 16, 2020
- Rafters Smoothly Beat Loggers, 16-4 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Resorters Fall Short - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rox Hammer MoonDogs in Series Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Mills, Rox Blow by MoonDogs with Two-Hit Showing on the HillÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Pitching Dominates as Growlers Tie One, Take One from Bombers - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Kindreich's Strong Start Overshadowed by Relief, Lack of Offense in Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Kingfish Take 2020 Kenosha Series with 7th Straight Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Green Bay Splits Final Set with Woodchucks - Green Bay Booyah
- Chucks Earn Split Behind Wicklund's Gem - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Travel to Copeland Park to End Regular-Season Series with Loggers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Sweep Road Trip with 6-5 Win over Rafters - La Crosse Loggers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday & December 3rd Blowout Sale Info
- Booyah Announce 2021 Northwoods League Schedule
- Family Math...With a Focus on Fun and You
- Booyah Announce Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest
- Booyah Announces Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest