Grand Rapids Re-Signs Lashoff and Spezia
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Wednesday re-signed captain Brian Lashoff to a one-year contract and center Tyler Spezia to a two-year contract.
Lashoff will mark his unprecedented 14th season as a Griffin in 2022-23. The 31-year-old defenseman has appeared in 580 regular season games with Grand Rapids, which ranks second in franchise history, first among active AHL players who have spent their entire AHL career with the same club, and fourth in league history among one-team players. A member of the Griffins' Calder Cup championship teams in both 2013 and 2017, he has accumulated 125 points (31-94-125), 299 penalty minutes and a plus-32 rating with Grand Rapids, including five goals, 11 assists and 30 PIM in 67 games in 2021-22.
Seventy-five games shy of Travis Richard's franchise record for regular season games played (655 from 1996-2006), Lashoff also ranks among the Griffins' all-time leaders with three overtime goals (T3rd) and 682 shots (8th). His 75 playoff games played also stand second in team history, behind Nathan Paetsch's 78.
The Albany, N.Y., native, who made his Grand Rapids debut as an undrafted prospect late in the 2008-09 season, has served as the Griffins' captain for the last two years. Lashoff has also skated in 136 NHL games with the Detroit Red Wings over parts of seven campaigns (2012-20), posting 15 points (2-13-15) and 65 PIM.
During his fourth season with Grand Rapids in 2021-22, Spezia totaled career-high numbers in games played (74), goals (13), assists (22), points (35) and PIM (24), placing among the team's leaders in goals (7th), assists (6th) and points (6th). The 28-year-old has appeared in 130 games for the Griffins since 2018-19, totaling 54 points (25-29-54), 53 PIM and a plus-four rating. Spezia has also suited up in 79 contests with the ECHL's Toledo Walleye, registering 21 goals, 38 assists and 62 PIM. Before moving to the pro ranks in 2018, the Clinton Township, Mich., native played four seasons at Bowling Green State University and notched 72 points (34-38-72) in 147 outings.
Single-game tickets for the Griffins' 2022-23 season will go on sale to the public later this summer through griffinshockey.com/tickets . Fans can secure their full-season , select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information. Be sure to sign up to receive the Griffins Nation newsletters to be the first to know when tickets go on sale.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 25, 2022
- Cooley Is Cool in Ads Game 3 Victory - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Must Clinch Another Day - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Fall in 2-0 Hole After Late Loss in Springfield - Charlotte Checkers
- Springfield Scores Late to Take 2-0 Series Lead - Charlotte Checkers
- T-Birds Snatch Victory from Checkers on Neal's Late Heroics - Springfield Thunderbirds
- The Best Inaugural Season Moments: Canucks Donate $1.17 Million to Their Community - Abbotsford Canucks
- Black Bear Ridge Announced as "Official Golf Course of the Belleville Senators" - Belleville Senators
- Grand Rapids Re-Signs Lashoff and Spezia - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Wild Signs Goaltender C.J. Motte to a One-Year AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Pittsburgh Re-Signs Taylor Fedun - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Former Griffins Bednar and Helm Hoist Stanley Cup
- Thompson Recipient of PHATS-SPHEM Career Achievement Award
- Brattstrom Signs One-Year Contract Extension with Detroit
- Griffins' Bike Helmet Program Returns for 19th Summer
- GYF Golf Classic Returns to American Dunes in August