Graham Zusi Undergoes Successful Foot Surgery
Sporting Kansas City has announced that defender Graham Zusi underwent successful surgery today to repair a midfoot sprain in his left foot.
The procedure was performed under the care of orthopedic surgeon Dr. Kirk McCullough at the Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute. Zusi will be sidelined for the remainder of the 2020 MLS season and is expected to miss four to five months during his rehabilitation.
Zusi, 34, has started 19 of 20 appearances for Sporting this year, contributing to four shutouts and recording a goal and an assist. His 294 regular season appearances since joining Sporting out of the 2009 MLS SuperDraft are tied with teammate Matt Besler for the most in club history. Zusi is a seven-time MLS All-Star and a 2014 World Cup veteran who earned 55 caps for the United States Men's National Team from 2012-2017.
One point out of first place in the Western Conference, Sporting Kansas City (9-6-3, 30 points) will continue their playoff push Saturday against the Colorado Rapids (5-4-4, 19 points) at Children's Mercy Park. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. CT with tickets available on SeatGeek.com and live coverage on FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO, ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 21, 2020
- Graham Zusi Undergoes Successful Foot Surgery - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes, Hunger at Home Partner to Distribute Meals - San Jose Earthquakes
- The Kids Can Play: Youngsters Making History Across MLS - MLS Week 20 News & Notes - MLS
- By the Numbers: Another Battle for Florida - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Signs 20-Year-Old Forward Wilson Harris - Sporting Kansas City
- Cristian Penilla Undergoes Surgery to Repair Left Foot Fracture - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Fan Contest to Design New Commemorative Patch for Nordecke Season Ticket Members at New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- Dynamo & 76 to Host Drive-In Watch Party for FC Dallas Match at Space City Shows - Houston Dynamo
- Nashville SC Acquires Homegrown Winger Handwalla Bwana from Seattle Sounders FC - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Trade Handwalla Bwana to Nashville SC for Jimmy Medranda - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids Rely on Resiliency as Team Heads into Final Regular Season Stretch - Colorado Rapids
- What Makes Midfielder Cole Bassett a Top Prospect and Which European Clubs Are Interested - Colorado Rapids
- New York City Soccer Initiative Unveils New 2020 Mini-Soccer Pitches with Virtual Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Will Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Falls to Nashville SC 3-0 - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Scores Three Goals, Beats FC Dallas at Nissan Stadium - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.