FC Dallas Falls to Nashville SC 3-0
Nashville, TN - FC Dallas (6-5-6) falls to Nashville SC, 3-0, in the club's first road match at Nissan Stadium. FC Dallas faces Nashville one final time at Nissan Stadium this season on Nov. 4.
3' - Nashville's Abu Danladi attempted a right-footed strike in the center of the box and it was deflected out by Jimmy Maurer for a corner kick.
14' - Andrés Ricaurte left-footed shot from the center of the box goes over the bar of Nashville's goal for a goal kick.
19' - Randall Leal scores the first goal of the match for Nashville SC, a right-footed strike from outside of the box takes a deflection off Reto Ziegler and gets past Jimmy Maurer.
45' - Fafa Picault's cross is met by Ryan Hollingshead inside the box whose shot was saved by Joe Willis.
46' - JesÃºs Ferreira sets up Bryan Acosta for a right-footed volley at the near post of Joe Willis who is able to save the shot.
55' - Bryan Acosta's header goes a few inches wide left of Joe Willis' goal following a cross from Ryan Hollingshead.
67' - Fafa Picault connects with JesÃºs Ferreira at the back post and his volley attempt hits the side netting of Nashville's goal.
73' - Jhonder Cadiz scores the second goal of the night for Nashville SC after his right-footed shot from outside of the box is deflected by Bressan along the way and into the back of Jimmy Maurer's net.
88' - Daniel Rios right-footed shot inside of the box has enough power to beat Jimmy Maurer to give Nashville their third goal of the night.
FC Dallas - Jimmy Maurer; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Bressan, Bryan Reynolds; Tanner Tessmann (Brandon Servania - 66'), Andrés Ricaurte, Bryan Acosta (Dante Sealy - 75'); Fafa Picault, Franco Jara (Ricardo Pepi - 66'), JesÃºs Ferreira (Ema Twumasi - 83').
Substitutes not used - Phelipe, Johnny Nelson, Callum Montgomery, Thiago Santos, Thomas Roberts.
Nashville SC - Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Walker Zimmerman, Alistair Johnston; Alex Muyl (Taylor Washington - 75'), Anibal Godoy (Brian Anunga - 57'), Dax McCarty (Matt LaGrassa - 75'), Randall Leal; Derrick Jones (Daniel Rios - 75'), Abu Danladi (Jhonder Cadiz - 62').
Substitutes not used - Elliot Panicco, Jalil Anibaba, Eric Miller, Jack Maher.
NSH: Randall Leal (Derrick Jones) - 19'
NSH: Jhonder Cadiz (Daniel Lovitz) - 73'
NSH: Daniel Rios (Randall Leal) - 88'
NSH: Anibal Godoy (caution) - 54'
FCD: JesÃºs Ferreira (caution) - 64'
FCD: Bressan (caution) - 70'
Weather: Clear, 73
Referee: Silviu Petrescu
Assistant Referees: Kathryn Nesbitt, Walter Heatherly
4th Official: David Gantar
VAR Official: Drew Fischer
FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez
On the match not going the team's way...
"I disagree with that, for the first ten minutes maybe but for the 80 minutes that was not the case. Their goals came from the transition of winning the ball in the midfield, not in pressing high. We can have all the possession we want, match their shots and have more crosses in. Only thing is their shots go on target and ours don't. Their shots are dangerous and ours aren't. We need to work on defending that better and attacking that better."
On what could have changed the game...
"We are getting the ball into the attacking third, but we are not rewarding ourselves. If Fafa's [Picault] header goes on target or even Bryan Acosta's header goes on target, it changes the game. Franco Jara gets a moment with the keeper and the shot gets blocked. Those are little things we need to keep creating an urgency and more aggressiveness to put the ball on the net quicker. We are here in Nashville and they score from open transition goals, two of the three goals came from deflections. Things went their way and soccer is not a beauty pageant. You can look good but don't necessarily get the results. We have to match those things if not we won't reach our potential. Whether we were missing Barrios or not, the players I put in the lineup today I trust them. No matter their age or experience I trust them. We got to keep working."
FC Dallas Midfielder Andrés Ricaurte
On the difficulty of playing Nashville...
"It was a complicated game. It was hard to figure them out. We didn't have a good game and they won the game fairly."
FC Dallas Defender Bressan
General thoughts on the match...
"It was tough. Especially the result, we had a really good game against Kansas City last time and today we came out with the objective of winning the game. We tried and we couldn't get the result. We need to learn from that and move on forward. Now we must think about Real Salt Lake and try to get three points because it is important for us."
On not being able to beat Nashville...
"It's disappointing, we lost to them at home and we tied as well. Now we lost again on the road. I think the first or second game we could have won either game. I think today they deserved it more than us. We need to be smart and learn why they play better than us and how we can improve and be more efficient. At the end of the day the most important thing in football is the final result. We have to fight for this and now we must do it in Real Salt Lake."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 21, 2020
- Graham Zusi Undergoes Successful Foot Surgery - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes, Hunger at Home Partner to Distribute Meals - San Jose Earthquakes
- The Kids Can Play: Youngsters Making History Across MLS - MLS Week 20 News & Notes - MLS
- By the Numbers: Another Battle for Florida - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Signs 20-Year-Old Forward Wilson Harris - Sporting Kansas City
- Cristian Penilla Undergoes Surgery to Repair Left Foot Fracture - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Fan Contest to Design New Commemorative Patch for Nordecke Season Ticket Members at New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- Dynamo & 76 to Host Drive-In Watch Party for FC Dallas Match at Space City Shows - Houston Dynamo
- Nashville SC Acquires Homegrown Winger Handwalla Bwana from Seattle Sounders FC - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Trade Handwalla Bwana to Nashville SC for Jimmy Medranda - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids Rely on Resiliency as Team Heads into Final Regular Season Stretch - Colorado Rapids
- What Makes Midfielder Cole Bassett a Top Prospect and Which European Clubs Are Interested - Colorado Rapids
- New York City Soccer Initiative Unveils New 2020 Mini-Soccer Pitches with Virtual Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Will Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Falls to Nashville SC 3-0 - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Scores Three Goals, Beats FC Dallas at Nissan Stadium - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Unveils the Community Kit for 2021 Season
- FC Dallas Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule
- FC Dallas Homegrown Trio Called to U-23 USMNT Training Camp Ahead of CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship
- Willie Nelson Concert at Toyota Stadium Moves to October 2, Along with National Soccer Hall of Fame Weekend
- FC Dallas Announces Jersey Rights Partnership with MTX Group