Goldeyes Celebrate Ukrainian Culture on July 3rd
WINNIPEG, MB - Thanks to the terrific support form Goldeyes fans, as well as Manitoba's Ukrainian community, the Winnipeg Goldeyes are pleased to announce the fifth annual Ukrainian Celebration on Wednesday, July 3rd when the Goldeyes take on the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks at Shaw Park.
Presented by Pratts Wholesale Food Service and Carpathia Credit Union, the Goldeyes' Ukrainian Celebration begins with the band "Sich" performing on the Casinos of Winnipeg Stage at 6:00 p.m. Fans will also have a chance to "Polka on the Promenade."
Celebrating their 50th anniversary, the Hoosli Ukrainian Male Chorus will perform a special pre-game song, plus their renowned versions of the Canadian and American National Anthems.
Throughout the night, fans will be entertained on-field by the Troyanda Ukrainian Dance Ensemble, and can take in a variety of Ukrainian music, dance, and cultural displays.
Fans can enter to win a 9-inning $50 gift card giveaway from Tenderloin Meat & Sausage along with other contests and prizes. Mr. Perogy will host a special "So You Think You Can Ukrainian Dance" contest between innings.
"Pratts and the Baranyk family are proud and honoured to participate in a fun evening supporting our Goldeyes and our Ukrainian culture," said Lenny Baranyk, President of the Retail Division of Pratts Wholesale Food Service.
Fans will be greeted by ambassadors dressed in full Ukrainian cultural attire from Folklorama's Ukraine-Kyiv Pavillion. Manitoba Parents for Ukrainian Education (MPUE) will host games and activities on the concourse for children.
Four dollars from every $17, $20, or $23 advance ticket purchased for the Ukrainian Celebration on July 3rd will be donated to the Shevchenko Foundation in support of Ukrainian-Canadian culture development. Fans can use the promo code "Ukraine" to register the $4 donation.
"The Shevchenko Foundation is pleased to be part of the Goldeyes' fifth annual Ukrainian Celebration, and grateful to the organization for its contributions to Ukrainian-Canadian culture development" said Lesia Szwaluk, Executive Director of the Schevchenko Foundation.
For more information regarding the Goldeyes' Ukrainian Celebration on July 3rd, contact Goldeyes' Director of Sales and Marketing Dan Chase at email@example.com or at (204) 956-3218.
The Winnipeg Goldeyes open a six-game road trip at Sioux City on Tuesday night beginning at 7:12 p.m. All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM CJNU and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca
The Goldeyes return home on Monday, July 1st when they host the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks at 4:05 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale now by visiting www.goldeyes.com/tickets or by visiting the box office at Shaw Park.
For information on 2019 season tickets, 10-game mini packs, and group tickets, call the Goldeyes' office at (204) 982-BASE, or visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 24, 2019
- Saints Power Their Way to 5-4 Victory over AirHogs - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Sign Catcher Mitchell Kranson - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks' Bret Helton Named AA Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Murphy's Monster Week Earns Him American Association Pointstreak Player of the Week - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Celebrate Ukrainian Culture on July 3rd - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Chicago Dogs to Host Two "Bark at the Ballpark" Dog-Friendly Games at Impact Field July 10 and September 1 - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats snap 6-game losing streak with 11-10 win over Saints on rainy Sunday night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Slog Through Night, Tie Franchise Record by Walking 12 in 11-10 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.