Dogs Sign Catcher Mitchell Kranson
ROSEMONT, Ill. - The Chicago Dogs announced on Monday the signing of catcher Mitchell Kranson. A left-handed batter, Kranson joins the team after a four-year stint in the Minnesota Twins organization.
Drafted by the Twins in the ninth round of the 2016 MLB Draft, Kranson reached as high as the double-A level. In his most recent stretch with the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, Kranson batted .217 with four home runs and 16 RBI in 35 games at catcher. Prior to being drafted, Kranson was a standout athlete at Cal-Berkeley. As a senior, Kranson earned First Team All-Pac 12 honors after hitting .333 with five home runs, 15 doubles, 38 runs and 36 RBI.
In a corresponding move, Larry Balkwill has been placed on waivers.
The Chicago Dogs open a seven-game homestand at Impact Field on Monday with a four-game series against the Kansas City T-Bones. Game starts are slated for 7:05 PM on Monday, 11:35 AM on Tuesday, 7:05 PM on Wednesday, and 6:05 PM on Thursday.
Fans can tune in to The Chicago Dogs Baseball Network to watch all Dogs home games. For more updates, follow @TheChicagoDogs on social media and use the hashtag #TakeABite.
Fans can tune in to The Chicago Dogs Baseball Network for a live broadcast of every Dogs game, with team broadcasters Sam Brief and Henrique DaMour on the call. Follow the team on social media - @TheChicagoDogs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagramand Snapchat - and use the hashtag #TakeABite. For more information, visit TheChicagoDogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 24, 2019
- Saints Power Their Way to 5-4 Victory over AirHogs - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Sign Catcher Mitchell Kranson - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks' Bret Helton Named AA Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Murphy's Monster Week Earns Him American Association Pointstreak Player of the Week - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Celebrate Ukrainian Culture on July 3rd - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Chicago Dogs to Host Two "Bark at the Ballpark" Dog-Friendly Games at Impact Field July 10 and September 1 - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats snap 6-game losing streak with 11-10 win over Saints on rainy Sunday night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Slog Through Night, Tie Franchise Record by Walking 12 in 11-10 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.