Dogs Sign Catcher Mitchell Kranson
ROSEMONT, Ill. - The Chicago Dogs announced on Monday the signing of catcher Mitchell Kranson. A left-handed batter, Kranson joins the team after a four-year stint in the Minnesota Twins organization.
Drafted by the Twins in the ninth round of the 2016 MLB Draft, Kranson reached as high as the double-A level. In his most recent stretch with the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, Kranson batted .217 with four home runs and 16 RBI in 35 games at catcher. Prior to being drafted, Kranson was a standout athlete at Cal-Berkeley. As a senior, Kranson earned First Team All-Pac 12 honors after hitting .333 with five home runs, 15 doubles, 38 runs and 36 RBI.
In a corresponding move, Larry Balkwill has been placed on waivers.
The Chicago Dogs open a seven-game homestand at Impact Field on Monday with a four-game series against the Kansas City T-Bones. Game starts are slated for 7:05 PM on Monday, 11:35 AM on Tuesday, 7:05 PM on Wednesday, and 6:05 PM on Thursday.
Fans can tune in to The Chicago Dogs Baseball Network to watch all Dogs home games. For more updates, follow @TheChicagoDogs on social media and use the hashtag #TakeABite.
Fans can tune in to The Chicago Dogs Baseball Network for a live broadcast of every Dogs game, with team broadcasters Sam Brief and Henrique DaMour on the call. Follow the team on social media - @TheChicagoDogs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagramand Snapchat - and use the hashtag #TakeABite. For more information, visit TheChicagoDogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 24, 2019
- Saints Power Their Way to 5-4 Victory over AirHogs - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Sign Catcher Mitchell Kranson - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks' Bret Helton Named AA Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Murphy's Monster Week Earns Him American Association Pointstreak Player of the Week - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Celebrate Ukrainian Culture on July 3rd - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Chicago Dogs to Host Two "Bark at the Ballpark" Dog-Friendly Games at Impact Field July 10 and September 1 - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats snap 6-game losing streak with 11-10 win over Saints on rainy Sunday night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Slog Through Night, Tie Franchise Record by Walking 12 in 11-10 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Dogs Stories
- Keon Barnum Selected as American Association MVP
- Dogs Drop Season Finale to St. Paul, Finish 59-41
- Victor Roache Earns Third Player of the Week Honor
- Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars
- Dogs Fall To Saints On Barnum's Historic Night