Gold Earn Third Straight Win by Defeating the Charge
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Grand Rapids Gold (3-0) advanced to a three-game winning streak tonight by taking the reins in the fourth quarter to clench a win against the Cleveland Charge (0-2), with a final score of 99-92.
The stat line was fairly balanced across the board, with the Charge taking the advantage in shooting percentages, but to their demise, the away team's 18 turnovers converted to 21 points for the Gold, in comparison to Grand Rapids' 5 turnovers that only gave the Charge 8 points.
Sharpshooter Matt Ryan earned a game-high 34 points tonight, a new career-high that he recently set with 32 points on January 5 against the Knicks. Ryan also added 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals to the stat line. Guard Quade Green recorded 23 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Big man Giorgi Bezhanishvili earned the team another 15 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists, shooting 7-11 from the field. Trevon Duval contributed 11 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
Guard Justin James was a bright spot for the away team, hustling up a double-double with 31 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists. Malik Newman converted 18 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds. Trevon Scott added 17 points and 6 rebounds, and Sheldon Mac earned the team 12 points and 3 rebounds.
The Gold will return to action on Tuesday, January 11 to take on the College Park Skyhawks at the Gateway Center Arena in College Park, GA. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. Watch live on ESPN +. The Charge will head home to host the Windy City Bulls at the Wolstein Center in Cleveland, OH. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST. Watch live on NBAGLeague.com.
Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/3HQ8lQm
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/32TOKzW
Matt Ryan (34 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3r3ijqr
Quade Green (23 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3zBuxL2
Giorgi Bizhanishvili (15 pts) https://bit.ly/3G5m9ps
Trevon Duval (11 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3f3TRzJ
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2022
- Balanced Attack Gives Force 115-95 Win over Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Wolves Hold off Birmingham Squadron, 115-113 - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Come up Short in Grand Rapids - Cleveland Charge
- Magic Come Back from Down 24 to Defeat Skyhawks - Lakeland Magic
- Gold Earn Third Straight Win by Defeating the Charge - Grand Rapids Gold
- Westchester Handled by Grand Rapids in Road Matchup - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Waive Forward DJ McCall - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Saturday's Windy City Bulls vs Delaware Blue Coats Game Postponed - Windy City Bulls
- Delaware Blue Coats at Windy City Bulls Postponed - G League
- Long Island Nets Waive Four Players - Long Island Nets
- Mad Ants Waive Stephan Hicks - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Harlem Globetrotters Return to Santa Cruz February 23 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fort Wayne Falls as Raptors 905 Sweep Series - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- 12-Year NBA Veteran Gerald Green to Join Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Jabari Narcis in Trade with Mexico City - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Acquire Forward Casdon Jardine - Salt Lake City Stars
- Sunday's Wisconsin Herd Game Rescheduled to 4 p.m. - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Oklahoma City Blue in Double Overtime, 127-123 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.