Goaltender Jaroslav Janus Reassigned to Admirals
TAMPA BAY, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL parent club of the Norfolk Admirals, have reassigned goaltender Jaroslav Janus (YAHR-oh-slahv YAHN-ihs) to the Admirals from the ECHL's Florida Everblades, Lightning Vice President and General Manager Steve Yzerman announced today.
Janus, 6-foot-1, 189-pounds, has posted an 8-10-0-0 record in 20 games with the Everblades this season with a 2.98 goals-against average and .910 save percentage. He has also had two stints on the Admirals' roster this season but has yet to appear in a game with Norfolk.
Janus, a 21-year-old native of Presov, Slovakia, appeared in 13 games for the Admirals last season, posting a 7-6-0 record with one shutout, a 2.07 GAA and .922 save percentage. He led Norfolk in goals-against average and save percentage in his first season of professional hockey.
Janus played in 110 career OHL games with the Erie Otters, posting a 45-53-7 record with a 3.69 GAA. At the 2009 World Junior Championships with Team Slovakia, Janus posted a 3-4-0 record with a 3.20 GAA and a .932 save percentage in seven games. He was named the tournament's top goaltender by attending media. Tampa Bay drafted Janus in the sixth round (162nd overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The Admirals are back at Scope tonight to face off against the Syracuse Crunch in another Admirals Value Night, featuring Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Nights. Family Fun Packs, presented by SunTrust, include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 - that's a savings of $37! Family Fun Packs for tonight's game are only available at the Norfolk Scope Box Office.
Student Rush Nights provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night. Student Rush Night tickets for tonight's game are available only after 2:00 p.m. today at the Norfolk Scope Box Office.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Take advantage of great savings on Admirals tickets with our 10-Packs and group tickets. 10-Packs are available for as little as $110 and allow you to pick the games you want. Group tickets start at $10 for groups of 25 or more people. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.comanytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2011
- Grahame and Monsters Make It Four Straight - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Take Down Marlies 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Fall 3-2 to Bruins in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs Roll Past Amerks 7-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Routed by Bulldogs 7-0; Drop Fifth Straight - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Win Fourth Straight on Gudas Game-Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Defeat Sound Tigers 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall Short in Norfolk, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Aeros Watch Party at Maple Leaf Pub - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Gameday Preview - Grand Rapids at Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Marlies Finish Nine Game Road Trip this Week; Return to Ricoh this Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Coyotes Recall Chris Summers from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Sll-Stars Look to Join Elite Company - AHL
- San Jose Sharks Assign Three Players to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Game on Sunday Draws a Peak Audience of 258,000 Viewers - Abbotsford Heat
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Mark Janssens to Skate in Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Goaltender Jaroslav Janus Reassigned to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Tonight's Worcester Sharks Game Postponed Due to Inclement Winter Weather - Worcester Sharks
- Moose Sign Andy Brandt to PTO - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce Details for 3rd Annual High School Hockey Clash - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Recall Forward Bobby Butler from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Postponement - AHL
- Falcons Get Ready To Play Four Games In Five Days This Week - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.