Bulldogs Roll Past Amerks 7-0
Hamilton, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs defeated the Rochester Americans 7-0 on Tuesday night at Copps Coliseum. Curtis Sanford recorded his second straight shutout as he made 31 saves while seven different 'Dogs provided the goals. The first four goals in the second period set a new franchise record for fastest four goals scored in a game by the Bulldogs (4:57) while the five goals scored in the middle frame also set a new franchise record for fastest five goals scored as they notched all five in 6:56.
Hamilton opened the game's scoring at 12:08 of the first period. Kyle Klubertanz collected the puck behind the net before sending a pass to Ryan Russell. Russell dished the puck to Aaron Palushaj, who was skating towards the net. Palushaj snapped a shot over the glove of Rochester starting goaltender Jacob Markstrom and into the top of the net. Olivier Fortier gave the 'Dogs a 2-0 lead at 14:15. Klubertanz received the puck from Ben Maxwell before blasting a shot towards the net. While positioned in front of the net, Fortier redirected the puck past Markstrom.
The 'Dogs took a 3-0 lead at 10:38 of the second stanza. Alexander Avtsin carried the puck into the Rochester zone before saucering a pass to Andreas Engqvist. Engqvist waited patiently before dishing the puck to Russell. Russell tapped the pass past Markstrom and into the net. J.T. Wyman provided Hamilton's fourth goal at 11:08. Wyman scooped-up the puck in the slot following a scrum. Wyman released a shot that sailed over the glove of Markstrom and into the top of the net. Engqvist scored at 13:27. Avtsin sent the puck from behind the net, to the slot where Enqvist was positioned. Engqvist fired a shot past Markstrom and into the net.
Following this goal, Tyler Plante replaced Markstrom in the Rochester net.
Frederic St. Denis scored at 15:35 of the middle frame to give the Bulldogs a 6-0 lead. Ryan White sent the puck to Palushaj, who fed a cross-ice pass to St. Denis. St. Denis hammered a slap shot that beat Plante through the five-hole. Carle added Hamilton's seventh goal at 17:34. St. Denis sent a pass across the blue line to Carle, who rifled a shot from the point that sailed through traffic and past Plante.
The Bulldogs will travel to Connecticut to battle the Whale on Friday, January 21st at 7:00 p.m. All regular season Hamilton Bulldogs broadcasts on AM 820 CHAM will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games (with the exception of the February 25th game at Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 ext. 179 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2011
- Grahame and Monsters Make It Four Straight - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Take Down Marlies 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Fall 3-2 to Bruins in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs Roll Past Amerks 7-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Routed by Bulldogs 7-0; Drop Fifth Straight - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Win Fourth Straight on Gudas Game-Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Defeat Sound Tigers 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall Short in Norfolk, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Aeros Watch Party at Maple Leaf Pub - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Gameday Preview - Grand Rapids at Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Marlies Finish Nine Game Road Trip this Week; Return to Ricoh this Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Coyotes Recall Chris Summers from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Sll-Stars Look to Join Elite Company - AHL
- San Jose Sharks Assign Three Players to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Game on Sunday Draws a Peak Audience of 258,000 Viewers - Abbotsford Heat
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Mark Janssens to Skate in Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Goaltender Jaroslav Janus Reassigned to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Tonight's Worcester Sharks Game Postponed Due to Inclement Winter Weather - Worcester Sharks
- Moose Sign Andy Brandt to PTO - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce Details for 3rd Annual High School Hockey Clash - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Recall Forward Bobby Butler from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Postponement - AHL
- Falcons Get Ready To Play Four Games In Five Days This Week - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.