Heat Game on Sunday Draws a Peak Audience of 258,000 Viewers
ABBOTSFORD BC - The Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League is pleased to announce that the Abbotsford Heat versus Toronto Marlies game broadcast coast to coast in Canada on the CBC this past Sunday had an average audience of 166,000 viewers, with a peak viewing audience of 258,000.
The game marked the first time that an Abbotsford Heat home game has been broadcast on National Television and over 6000 fans attended the game on Sunday, January 16th as well.
"We are excited that the Abbotsford Heat and the American Hockey League were able to showcase a great game on National Television," comments Heat President Tom Mauthe. "The CBC did a great job in getting our message out to not just our viewing area but throughout Canada. This game let the country know that the AHL is a great product and also affordable for families as seen by the number of young fans and families in our building."
Mauthe adds: "We would like to thank all of our fans, our sponsors, the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre, the City of Abbotsford and the CBC for making this a great day and showing Canada what the City of Abbotsford and the Abbotsford Heat are all about."
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2011
- Grahame and Monsters Make It Four Straight - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Take Down Marlies 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Fall 3-2 to Bruins in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs Roll Past Amerks 7-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Routed by Bulldogs 7-0; Drop Fifth Straight - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Win Fourth Straight on Gudas Game-Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Defeat Sound Tigers 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall Short in Norfolk, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Aeros Watch Party at Maple Leaf Pub - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Gameday Preview - Grand Rapids at Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Marlies Finish Nine Game Road Trip this Week; Return to Ricoh this Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Coyotes Recall Chris Summers from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Sll-Stars Look to Join Elite Company - AHL
- San Jose Sharks Assign Three Players to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Game on Sunday Draws a Peak Audience of 258,000 Viewers - Abbotsford Heat
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Mark Janssens to Skate in Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Goaltender Jaroslav Janus Reassigned to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Tonight's Worcester Sharks Game Postponed Due to Inclement Winter Weather - Worcester Sharks
- Moose Sign Andy Brandt to PTO - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce Details for 3rd Annual High School Hockey Clash - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Recall Forward Bobby Butler from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Postponement - AHL
- Falcons Get Ready To Play Four Games In Five Days This Week - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.