Goaltender Dustin Wolf, Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother Listed in NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings
EVERETT, Wash. - The Everett Silvertips (@WHLSilvertips), proud member of the Western Hockey League and defending Western Conference champion, announced in conjunction with the WHL that Silvertips goaltender Dustin Wolf and defenseman Gianni Fairbrother were listed by National Hockey League Central Scouting in its midterm rankings, ahead of the 2019 NHL Draft on June 21-22 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Wolf, a 2001-born goaltender and Fairbrother, a late 2000-born defenseman, are two of 48 WHL players ranked by NHL Central Scouting. Wolf is one of seven WHL goaltenders listed in the rankings, while Fairbrother represents one of 41 skaters on the list.
Wolf, in his second WHL season, leads the league in wins (29), minutes played (2,489), tied for the lead in shutouts (4), is second in goals-against-average (1.88), and fourth in save percentage (.927). The native of Tustin, Calif. has earned WHL Goaltender of the Week honors three times this season and four times in his career, and was named WHL Goaltender of the Month for December.
At just 17 years of age, he ranks fifth on the Silvertips all-time shutout list (8), and has compiled a 42-17-1-0 all-time record in 62 Silvertips games, along with a .928 save percentage and 2.00 goals-against-average.
Fairbrother, a 6-foot, 195 pound blueliner, is third among Silvertips defensemen with a career-high 24 points (6g-18) in his second full WHL season, along with a +13 rating, 89 shots on goal, 61 penalty minutes, one shorthanded goal, and seven power play points (1g-6a). Last season, in an injury-shortened 33-game regular season campaign with 5 points, he helped guide the Silvertips to the Western Conference championship with four points and a +7 rating in 22 postseason games.
The native of North Vancouver, B.C. has 29 points and a +13 rating in 79 career WHL games and four points and a +5 rating in 25 career WHL Playoff games.
UP NEXT: The Silvertips hit the road on Friday, Jan. 25, to play the Tri-City Americans in Kennewick (1380 AM / 95.3 FM / Tips App / WHL Live). The Tips return home, Saturday, Jan. 26, to face off against the visiting Lethbridge Hurricanes at 7:05 p.m. Tickets available at everettsilvertips.com/tickets
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2019
- Goaltender Dustin Wolf, Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother Listed in NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings - Everett Silvertips
- Top 40 CHL Players Eligible for this Year's NHL Entry Draft on Display Wednesday at Centrium - Red Deer Rebels
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Rockets' Porter Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - Kelowna Rockets
- Leason, Protas Listed in NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Three Americans Players Listed on NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings - Tri-City Americans
- Rockets' Porter Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Warriors' Almeida Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Three Hitmen Named Among Top Skaters for 2019 NHL Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- Gauthier, Moberg Listed in NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings - Prince George Cougars
- Hughes Leaves Team - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- 48 WHL Players Highlight NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings - WHL
- Rockets Recognized by NHL Central Scouting Bureau - Kelowna Rockets
- Dach Ranked #2 for 2019 NHL Draft - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Rally Late against the Americans, But Fall 3-2 - Portland Winterhawks
- Boyko Stands Tall in Win over Portland - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Roll over Hitmen, Move into Second Place in Central Division - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Washington Capitals Recall Forward Riley Sutter to Hershey (AHL)
- Three Silvertips on NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Brkin, Chiefs Bring Silvertips' Season to an End
- Dewar Breaks Wall to Keep 'Tips Alive
- WHL Names Everett Silvertips Back-To-Back Recipient of Western Conference Marketing and Business Award