Germán Commences MLB Rehab Assignment with RailRiders
MOOSIC, PA - The New York Yankees have announced that pitcher Domingo Germán will commence a Major League rehab assignment with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders this evening as they open a series in Allentown against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
Germán, 29, was placed on the Yankees' 10-Day Injured List on August 1 with right shoulder inflammation. This season, he has appeared in 21 games for New York, making 18 starts, with a 4-5 mark and a 4.45 earned run average. Germán has struck out 95 and walked 25 over 97 innings pitched.
New York was initially acquired Germán in a trade on December 19, 2014, along with Nathan Eovaldi and Garrett Jones from the Miami Marlins for David Phelps and Martin Prado. He missed the entire 2015 season after Tommy John surgery and was non-tendered but re-signed to a Minor League contract that same year.
In portions of three seasons with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Germán has gone 7-2 with a 3.32 ERA, striking out 86 and walking 24 over 81.1 innings.
Germán is the 11th New York Yankee to be added to the RailRiders roster on a rehab assignment this season.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre begins a six-game series at Lehigh Valley this evening. The RailRiders have five games at PNC Field remaining this year, returning home from September 22-26 to host the Syracuse Mets in Triple-A Baseball's Final Stretch. Tickets are available at swbrailriders.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 14, 2021
- Early Tides Onslaught Sinks Jumbo Shrimp - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Knights Drop Tuesday's Opener to Bulls 6-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Clinch Southeast Division, Beat Knights 6-2 - Durham Bulls
- Bats lose their bite in 4-2 loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Six-Run Second Bests Indians - Indianapolis Indians
- Big Innings Push the Tides Past Jacksonville in Win - Norfolk Tides
- Early Lead Not Enough in Sounds' Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Saints Offensive Onslaught Continues with 13-4 Thrashing of Indianapolis - St. Paul Saints
- Mets Fall to Red Sox, 5-4, in Series Opener as Teams Combine for Five Homers on Tuesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Fall to Clippers in Rain-Shortened Opener - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wong Hits Two Homers, Game-Winner in Comeback Win over Mets - Worcester Red Sox
- Wings Drop Series Opener to Bisons, 5-4, Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Defeat Rochester 5-4, Magic Number for Division Now 2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pitch, Hit & Run Set for Saturday, September 18 at Johnnie B. Wiley Sports Pavilion - Buffalo Bisons
- September 14 Game Notes: Iowa at Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 14, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (54-59) vs. St. Paul Saints (58-56) - Indianapolis Indians
- Germán Commences MLB Rehab Assignment with RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 14, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Collins Recalled, Zavala & Mendick Return - Charlotte Knights
- Memphis Redbirds Team up with Memphis Grizzlies to Host Grizzlies Night at AutoZone Park this Friday - Memphis Redbirds
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Tuesday, September 14-Sunday, September 19 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse Mets Homestand Highlights: September 14th-September 19th - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.